Hacking R4I 3DS Gold blocked?

Dj_funkatron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my card before I updated my 3DS. The R4IDS.cn site says it works with 4.4.0-10. Can someone please tell me why I cant access my flashcard anymore?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It cause you didn't read ALL OF THE THING THEY SAID!
It says Revisions 9 A B and C WORKS ON V4.4.0-10 and 6 7 8 Revisions DOESN'T WORK ON V4.4.0-10.
It seems u got an old revision of card.
The only thing to do is to wait for the update and get a NDSL or NDSPhat from someone so you could update it when the update is ready.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did it actually update the card?
What is your card's hardware? Look at the back of the card at the bottom where the board is exposed, in the right hand corner, there should be a small number or letter. If it's not 9,A,B,C, then it won't update nor work on the 3DS.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Did it actually update the card?
What is your card's hardware? Look at the back of the card at the bottom where the board is exposed, in the right hand corner, there should be a small number or letter. If it's not 9,A,B,C, then it won't update nor work on the 3DS.

yea id assume he just saw it was compatible and didnt run the update

you will need to check the version of your r4ids.cn r4i gold card to check it indeed can be updated
and also a lower firmware 3ds or dsi or dsphat or lite

Dj_funkatron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh! its C

i feel so relieved right now lol, after 30 mins of being pissed

so how am i supposed to run the update for my flashcard? i copied and pasted the files last time and it worked fine

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
thats the latest revision of the card so yes it can be updated
you can grab the update from the site or my superthread on here

you will need to extract the .nds file and run it (like you would a game) on a console the card will still load on
it will ask you to press B to check the card (there is 2 nds files, one will fail, one will load, doesnt matter but when you find the one that passes) press A and it will update and Flash the card to work on a 3DS running 4.4.0-10

you can tell normally once you card has updated as the game it is telling the 3DS to load will change (should change to Metroid Prime Demo for 4.4.0-10)

you might want to follow my thread to see when updates are out and if you r card is blocked and also getting the update

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dj, just be patient.
Please describe the procedures you have update your r4i gold 3ds.
Let's check anything wrong you have done.
According to your description above, you card can be updated to support 3DS 4.4.0-10 with the patch downloaded from r4ids.cn

Dj_funkatron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well so far I have the latest version of wood on my flashcard(copied and pasted the files from r4ids.cn).
Then updated my 3ds to 4.4.0-10. After that I put my flashcard in, Got an error message whenever I tried to load my flashcard.
I downloaded the R4IGold3DS_44 patch from pongs thread. Put both .nds files onto the root of my TF micro SD card. And still a error message shows up whenever I try to load the flashcard

I'm not 100% sure how to actually patch my flashcard

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You need to RUN the update files. Actually START AND RUN THEM. Simply placing them on your MicroSD is NOT enough.

This means that you did not actually update the cart, so it's blocked. Since you can't start the cart up in order to update it, you'll need to update it via another DS that still runs the cart.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well so far I have the latest version of wood on my flashcard(copied and pasted the files from r4ids.cn).
Then updated my 3ds to 4.4.0-10. After that I put my flashcard in, Got an error message whenever I tried to load my flashcard.
I downloaded the R4IGold3DS_44 patch from pongs thread. Put both .nds files onto the root of my TF micro SD card. And still a error message shows up whenever I try to load the flashcard

I'm not 100% sure how to actually patch my flashcard

if you read what i said you will have seen that i said you need to update the flashcard by running the files. exactly as Rydian says above

you must always UPDATE the flashcard before the console
so sound like you need to find a friend with a lower firmware than 4.4.0-10 or a DS Phat or Lite or a DSi running 1.4.4 or lower

toskii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I was wondering, I just received my r4i gold from r4igold.cn and I get the 'chessmaster ubisoft entertainment' message and then an error. So I assume I need a DS lite or an older 3ds version to upgrade the card? 1. Which versions of older consoles can I use to upgrade? 2. Is it possible somehow to do it without another console, or would I otherwise just have to wait for them to release something newer and enable me to do this, or will I always need to find another console to upgrade it in order to use it?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I was wondering, I just received my r4i gold from r4igold.cn and I get the 'chessmaster ubisoft entertainment' message and then an error. So I assume I need a DS lite or an older 3ds version to upgrade the card? 1. Which versions of older consoles can I use to upgrade? 2. Is it possible somehow to do it without another console, or would I otherwise just have to wait for them to release something newer and enable me to do this, or will I always need to find another console to upgrade it in order to use it?

Chesmaster O_O
Supports 3DS2.1.0-4 and NDSi V1.4.2
the 3DS version that card can support is 4.3.0-10
(it does not support 4.4.0-10)

here is the update you will need to apply to get it up to 4.3.0-10
ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/R4iGold_Non3DS_3DS43.rar

it will not work on any later due to the recent checks

there is no other way to update a card without it loading on a console
find a friend with a supported firmware or a DS Lite or Phat

toskii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Chesmaster O_O
Supports 3DS2.1.0-4 and NDSi V1.4.2
the 3DS version that card can support is 4.3.0-10
(it does not support 4.4.0-10)

here is the update you will need to apply to get it up to 4.3.0-10
ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/R4iGold_Non3DS_3DS43.rar

it will not work on any later due to the recent checks

there is no other way to update a card without it loading on a console
find a friend with a supported firmware or a DS Lite or Phat

I checked your thread though and that's how I picked the card from 'Flashcards Working' list it's this one '(4.4.0-10) R4I-GOLD (r4igold.cn) - 4.4.0-10 update' it even says on the box with the website and everything. Am I just confused or do you mean that I can't use this card at all even after I upgrade with 4.40-10 ?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I checked your thread though and that's how I picked the card from 'Flashcards Working' list it's this one '(4.4.0-10) R4I-GOLD (r4igold.cn) - 4.4.0-10 update' it even says on the box with the website and everything. Am I just confused or do you mean that I can't use this card at all even after I upgrade with 4.40-10 ?

you have edited the text as my list states
(4.4.0-10) R4iGold 3DS (r4ids.cn) - update 4.4.0-10 (Revision 9, A, B & C only work)
(4.3.0-10) R4i Gold - non-3DS (r4ids.cn)

they have cards and the non-3ds one was the only one to use the Chessmaster Header

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas