R4DS + slot 2 device?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by boyet_deleon, Oct 31, 2008.

Oct 31, 2008

R4DS + slot 2 device? by boyet_deleon at 4:41 PM (856 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. boyet_deleon
    OP

Newcomer boyet_deleon Newbie

Philippines
    good day, i currently have a r4ds and supercard lite for my nds lite, i tried playing some gba games on supercard lite but i found out that some games have major slowdowns and some does not even load at all... i have my eyes on the m3 gba expansion pack and m3 lite perfect. my question is: will the m3 expansion pack work with r4ds? or should i instead get the m3 lite perfect? the latter is a lot expensive from the former, and my main concern is playability of gba games... thanks!

2. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I use the EZflash V 3 in 1 expansion pack.

Used with Rudolfph's GBAExploader program to load roms to the nor or sram on the expansion pack.

What games do you get slowdown on and what games won't load?

3. boyet_deleon
    OP

Philippines
    i tried playing final fantasy IV and final fantasy VI and i noticed some significant slowdown, then i tried to play super robot wars original generations and the game does not even load at all. but when it comes to nds compatibility it's almost perfect.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I have an M3 Perfect in my slot2. GBA games run PERFECTLY with it, unlike my old Supercard slot2, which had all the slow downs you mentioned.

A lot of people will recommend the 3in1 solutions, but I don't like cluttering up my slot1 card with slot2 files. That's why I bought a dedicated slot2 with a microSD so I could expand my "pocket arcade" to the max.

5. boyet_deleon
    OP

Philippines
    so M3Lite Perfect runs gba perfectly... thanks! by the way, will it work with r4ds?