R4DS pro installation

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by slasher2051, Jan 12, 2009.

Jan 12, 2009

R4DS pro installation by slasher2051 at 10:43 AM (2,853 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. slasher2051
    OP

Newcomer slasher2051 Newbie

Australia
    hey thanks to any1 who reads this. i downloaded the cd disc from this website i bought my R4 pro from

http://www.ozmodchips.com/r4-ds-r4ds-p-25.html

i just need to know what to copy into the usb port. thanks for any help (soz for the nooby question)

[​IMG]

2. Exbaddude

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    You need the V1.18 Kernel from here: http://r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.html

Download the English Worldwide1 one. Drag all the files in the kernel, into your Micro SD Card. HAVE FUN!

BTW: There is YSMenu, a alternate menu. I have it on my R4, and it's great! It has space for all the cheats etc... Pay no attention to this is you don't want to. [​IMG]

3. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I will never understand why noobs are so obsessed with the R4. I mean, $50? Seriously?
    I could get you a cart for 5x cheaper. And it'd be better. Srsly.

4. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    No. I am positively sure that the R4DS Pro is a clone of the original R4DS. Thus, the latest official firmware for the original cart won't work.

@slasher2051: Download the firmware from here. Extract the contents of the file into the root of your microSD card and you should be done.

@iritegood: Yeah, I agree with you. Seriously, people, do some research first... You're not only buying an outdated cart for three times the price you'll be spending for a better one, but you're also buying a clone of that outdated cart. And that's sad.

5. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy

well, it's not always like that... I wasn't into rom and emulation (well, just snes emulator for me [​IMG] ) before I bought the R4 and here in Italy the only one you can find is the R4 (without ordering online, something that I have never done because I don't really trust it ^^ ). Honestly though, I find myself happy with my R4, I bought it one year ago, when it still had updates and every game since then has always worked (had a couple of problems with TWEWY and FF:CC but they got fixed with the last firmware update ). I don't understand it, the R4 is working really well for me, but it must be just me ^^

6. davislim

Member davislim GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    they are saying that the R4 has stopped working on updates of firmware so its is bad in that way
    R4 is good...but if you are to get new flashcart...just give up on R4 and its clone
    Get other flashcart that will continue to update

7. Dr.Stiles

Member Dr.Stiles GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah, they have. I'm still on 1.18. And that was about January 2008 when I got it. (I think.) But I heard they have an unofficial version 1.19. If so, where to get it?