Gaming R4DS pro installation

slasher2051

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey thanks to any1 who reads this. i downloaded the cd disc from this website i bought my R4 pro from

http://www.ozmodchips.com/r4-ds-r4ds-p-25.html

i just need to know what to copy into the usb port. thanks for any help (soz for the nooby question)

smile.gif

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You need the V1.18 Kernel from here: http://r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.html

Download the English Worldwide1 one. Drag all the files in the kernel, into your Micro SD Card. HAVE FUN!

BTW: There is YSMenu, a alternate menu. I have it on my R4, and it's great! It has space for all the cheats etc... Pay no attention to this is you don't want to.
biggrin.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will never understand why noobs are so obsessed with the R4. I mean, $50? Seriously?
I could get you a cart for 5x cheaper. And it'd be better. Srsly.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exbaddude said:
You need the V1.18 Kernel from here: http://r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.html

Download the English Worldwide1 one. Drag all the files in the kernel, into your Micro SD Card. HAVE FUN!

BTW: There is YSMenu, a alternate menu. I have it on my R4, and it's great! It has space for all the cheats etc... Pay no attention to this is you don't want to.
biggrin.gif

No. I am positively sure that the R4DS Pro is a clone of the original R4DS. Thus, the latest official firmware for the original cart won't work.

@slasher2051: Download the firmware from here. Extract the contents of the file into the root of your microSD card and you should be done.

@iritegood: Yeah, I agree with you. Seriously, people, do some research first... You're not only buying an outdated cart for three times the price you'll be spending for a better one, but you're also buying a clone of that outdated cart. And that's sad.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
iritegood said:
I will never understand why noobs are so obsessed with the R4. I mean, $50? Seriously?
I could get you a cart for 5x cheaper. And it'd be better. Srsly.

well, it's not always like that... I wasn't into rom and emulation (well, just snes emulator for me
smile.gif
) before I bought the R4 and here in Italy the only one you can find is the R4 (without ordering online, something that I have never done because I don't really trust it ^^ ). Honestly though, I find myself happy with my R4, I bought it one year ago, when it still had updates and every game since then has always worked (had a couple of problems with TWEWY and FF:CC but they got fixed with the last firmware update ). I don't understand it, the R4 is working really well for me, but it must be just me ^^

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
they are saying that the R4 has stopped working on updates of firmware so its is bad in that way
R4 is good...but if you are to get new flashcart...just give up on R4 and its clone
Get other flashcart that will continue to update

Dr.Stiles

Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
davislim said:
they are saying that the R4 has stopped working on updates of firmware so its is bad in that way
R4 is good...but if you are to get new flashcart...just give up on R4 and its clone
Get other flashcart that will continue to update

Yeah, they have. I'm still on 1.18. And that was about January 2008 when I got it. (I think.) But I heard they have an unofficial version 1.19. If so, where to get it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs