R4DS Kernel v1.15 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jan 8, 2008.

Jan 8, 2008

R4DS Kernel v1.15 released by shaunj66 at 10:39 AM (7,153 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    R4DS Kernel v1.15 released
    One small fix for man...
    [​IMG]
    The R4 Team have today released version 1.15 of their R4DS Kernel. This version fixes compatibility with ROM number #1905. As always, we've hosted the file locally below.
    [​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Official Site, Source

Thanks to Grimalkin for the tip.

2. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Aww, I was hoping for some new revolutionary feature.. nice to see compatibility fixes though [​IMG]

3. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    don't expect any other fix except compatibility for the R4 as it's not necessary and kinda like they can't figure it out but hey, that's what R4 is all about ie.) games compatibility

4. kemosabe

Member kemosabe GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    another rather useless uptade.
    i thought they wanted to support micro sdhc cards

5. Puff0rx

Newcomer Puff0rx Advanced Member

Australia
    Every time I see "R4DS Kernel Released" I hope for Wii connectivity...

A man can dream.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I think it's safe to assume that the R4 is all that it will ever be at this point. I don't think we'll be seeing any "new" features anymore. It appears all they ever do is fix compatibility issues now. But at least they do that, so I'm not complaining.

I'd really like to see what a team like the R4 team could do if they made a more feature-rich cart.

I'll install this update (no sense in not running the latest firmware, IMO), but I wasn't interested in Suxor....err.....I mean Luxor anyway.

It's funny how some people flame the R4.......I mean, it runs ALL the ROMs, what more do you really need? I don't know, I guess some people are just jealous or something. Whatever.....I'm glad I bought an R4 and not something like a DSX.

Rock on R4 Team! [​IMG]

7. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    don't suppose it fixes the soft reset in Arkanoid, does it?

8. gh0ul

Member gh0ul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im not expecting any more new features. People need to be more grateful that they are still alive and still making the r4 100% compatible with all games

9. MadBob

Member MadBob Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

United Kingdom

They already said it's not possible, a new R4 cart will come out with SDHC support, stop hoping you are not getting this onyour existing R4 ever.

(lets see if that ever comes back to bite me [​IMG])

10. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    I'm happy to report that this update doesn't break FFIV (J). It actually seemed to load faster if my perception is correct. [​IMG]

I'm really tired of people coming in these update threads and complaining about a lack of new features. You sound like spoiled entitled children. Just leave it out.

11. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    I agree. People seem to complain if they can not have everything. If they want to have features (imo useless) that these other carts have well save your pennies and buy one.

12. Whiternoise

Member Whiternoise GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    People seem to forget that the R4 was released a long time ago and as such it was one of the first Slot 1 cards. It was also possibly the best of it's kind at the time of its release. Are you really surprised that technology has superseded it?

It's like buying an iPod and then complaining that Apple don't make an update that makes it do the same things as the new model..

13. pristinemog

Member pristinemog GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you really want newer (Wii Connectivity, microSDHC support) features, buy a new cart. I mean, they're about the same as/cheaper than DS games at retail price.

14. 94dan

Member 94dan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First of all, Wii Connectivity is not useless. Second of all, I've heard it's possible on the R4. Third of all, I've heard it's not Wii Connectivity, but just Pokemon, as Galaxies works. Is that right? Fourth of all, you're not entitled to it. Although, if they claim 100% compatibility, they NEED Wii connectivity. That's part of compatibility. And it DOES NOT round up. You either have all, or not all. But, the R4 is much better than most flashcarts. And it has a cool name. So, need it? Buy a different card. As for SDHC, I don't need it, I think it's rather useless unless you're using .dsm.

So, I'm complaining about everyone, not just one side. Me? I don't need it. Yet. I might want it in the future, if there's a good enough game. And, I'd only need SDHC if all of a sudden games start taking up more room.

15. falcon64z8

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well I want SDHC for my music and movies and games to be all in one, so I don't have to switch sd cards every time I want music or games.

16. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Was the R4 advertised as being SDHC compliant when you bought it?

17. jincongz

Newcomer jincongz Advanced Member

Canada
    I think what we need is for some manufacture to come out with the 4gb non microSDHC. it is the same way the 4 gb SD non HC works. If that comes, i think more than half of us will shut up.

18. Brainy142

Member Brainy142 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I think the r4 doesn't have SCHD also i think it would take a hardware fix to apply this as schd wasn't avalible when they were made..... If you really want schd buy one of the newer cards [​IMG] r4 pretty good though

19. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Already out. Just unstable and slow.

20. GrimLord

Banned GrimLord Banned

United States
    Any reason r4ds.com is down?