RetroArch version 1.16.0 released, adds performance improvements for iOS

unnamed-768x432.png

A new version of RetroArch has been released, bringing with it a number of new improvements, tweaks, and bugfixes. The changelog has lots of information on the changes, most notably adding JIT support for users on iOS. This allows for some major performance increases across the board when using RetroArch on iOS devices. Linux users running Wayland will also see fixes to some problems that were occurring in previous versions as well. You can grab the new version from the official Libretro blog post below.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
It's good to see an update released after all this time. I think it's better to release new versions once there's a lot of changes as opposed to releasing a new version every week. It's hard to update all of the devices I own that use RetroArch.

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sad that, for the Nintendo Switch, the 4 fixes that I am looking forward aren't accomplished yet:

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Do the wayland fixes/improvements also apply to gamescope (steam deck game mode) even though it isn't a full blown wayland compositor, only a mini-compositor?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow