Ryujinx Switch emulator progress report for September 2023

ryuuuu.png

The Ryujinx emulator team has a new progress report, detailing their work and improvements to the emulator throughout the month of September. A lot of impressive technical work has been put in, offering performance boosts for users on macOS, and some important changes that will improve the LDN local wireless emulation. There's a lot of information in the progress report, including streamlining buffer cache checks, resulting in massive performance increases for Mortal Kombat 1 and R-TYPE FINAL 2. Crysis and Super Bomberman R 2 are also now playable as of the latest build. The Ryujinx developers also tease better implementation and organization of the emulator's LDN feature, coming soon.

The full report is available to read below, on the official Ryujinx site.

:arrow: Source

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Great to see that Switch emulation is doing great. I personally don't really use Switch emulators cause I don't like using an emulator on a currently available system, but I still love to get my ears on the scene of it.

Reactions: BigOnYa and CoolMe

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

The Ryujinx emulator team has a new progress report, detailing their work and improvements to the emulator throughout the month of September. A lot of impressive technical work has been put in, offering performance boosts for users on macOS, and some important changes that will improve the LDN local wireless emulation. There's a lot of information in the progress report, including streamlining buffer cache checks, resulting in massive performance increases for Mortal Kombat 1 and R-TYPE FINAL 2. Crysis and Super Bomberman R 2 are also now playable as of the latest build. The Ryujinx developers also tease better implementation and organization of the emulator's LDN feature, coming soon.

The full report is available to read below, on the official Ryujinx site.

:arrow: Source
How's current performance and compatibility comparatively to Yuzu?

squeakycleanswine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently tried out ryujinx to try out mario wonder, and I wasn't expecting much for performance since last time i emulated a switch game was relatively early on in its infancy. But holy shit, they have made some crazy strides since then. Great to see developers still hard at work on these projects!

Reactions: jeremy2020

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I keep forgetting about this very forgettable Switch emulator. Has it caught up to Yuzu yet?
it's miles ahead of it
Post automatically merged:

How's current performance and compatibility comparatively to Yuzu?
beats the shit out of it. yuzu can't even play MW properly still

Reactions: tomhanks69

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
When it comes to accuracy there's nothing like it. Idk why you would insult it like that, it's nothing new that they both perform differently, always did.
I mean even the user made experience is better so not quite sure where yuzu excels tbh.
Post automatically merged:

But can it run Crysis at full speed? :creep:
Iirc yes!

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean even the user made experience is better so not quite sure where yuzu excels tbh.
I feel like the UI is better on Yuzu. It's really in the small things, but I like that whenever I move my sticks, it moves on the UI when setting up controllers. There's no real feedback if your sticks are responding in Ryujinx.
Not counting all the differences but despite that, I still want to like Ryujinx better, tho I use both.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I feel like the UI is better on Yuzu. It's really in the small things, but I like that whenever I move my sticks, it moves on the UI when setting up controllers. There's no real feedback if your sticks are responding in Ryujinx.
Not counting all the differences but despite that, I still want to like Ryujinx better, tho I use both.
Checked avalonia?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Checked avalonia?
Never heard of it so I just tried it. Looks pretty nice but the complaints I have still stand : no feedback when configuring the controls unlike Yuzu, can't see the sticks or the gyro moving

But it does look great, never thought Ryujinx needed a facelift but that's nice

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love ryujinx. Ryujinx blows yuzu way out of the water. Used to be a yuzu fan until I found out how much progress ryujinx had made, I switched and haven’t looked back. There was software that wouldn’t run on yuzu no matter what I did, but worked on ryujinx without a single hitch.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto