Hacking R4DS Just got it delivered!

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok after 500 refreshes i have the christmas 1.02 firmware. It mentions 1.03 but theres no download link
frown.gif

Given the R4 uses moonshell to play mp3's and videos i would think it's very likley you can..

Kyuzumaki, just go back about 2-3 pages, somebody uploaded English ver of 1.04 onto other website.
You can downloaded it much faster than China...

I am hoping China's undersea cable going to get fixed soon...
My girlfriend (who is Chinese and is in China) says it won't be fixed until January the 10th. So it will be a while yet. I'm going to Beijing on the 4th. I hope I can get my email ok....

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do i perfectly position the buttons for the skin? Can someone make a template in photoshop and save it as a .psd and put it on megaupload?

EDIT: Nevermind, Ill make one lol

EDIT#2: Here is the template I made, all the rectangles are congruent. This should help you place the icons in the right spot.
Skin Template

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do i perfectly position the buttons for the skin? Can someone make a template in photoshop and save it as a .psd and put it on megaupload?
Just make pictures around the same size as the ones in the .bmp. If not able to do that, repost and ill make the .psd.

EDIT: Here is the .psd

You need to have show guides on. View>Guides

mkygod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interface doesn't look very impressive. It doesn't take advantage of the touch screen by having the file list on the top screen and the icon on the bottom. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the screens reversed?

mavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do i perfectly position the buttons for the skin? Can someone make a template in photoshop and save it as a .psd and put it on megaupload?

Just make pictures around the same size as the ones in the .bmp. If not able to do that, repost and ill make the .psd.

EDIT: Here is the .psd

You need to have show guides on. View>Guides

Thanks for the upload! Actually, I'd be happy to host any of your skins/templates/anything R4DS-related on my site, I've got an insane amount of bandwidth and the files would be available for at least a few years, I've had some files available 24/7 since 2003 - the site isn't going down anytime soon ... Oh yeah, and the site is hosted in the US, not Japan
wink.gif

PM me if you want me to host them for you (actually I can't get anything from Megaupload because it says the slots are full ATM) ...

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hey! I've just seen a couple of pics for both the M3 and the R4, and they both seem to be identical hardware wise (as expected), my request for you is to try and replace your R4's O/S with the M3's O/S and see if it works.

If this actually works then there's no point in waiting for the M3 or paying extra for it, you could just buy and R4 now and IF it turns out that the M3 is actually a better slot1 card in the future, you could just "convert" it into a M3.

Here's the link for the M3 Chinese O/S:
http://www.m3flash.jp/Drive/simplyV1.zip

Also, one more thing; Does the R4 really come with two shell cases, white and black? because the guy in the video review displayed all of the package contents and it was only white.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! I've just seen a couple of pics for both the M3 and the R4, and they both seem to be identical hardware wise (as expected), my request for you is to try and replace your R4's O/S with the M3's O/S and see if it works.

If this actually works then there's no point in waiting for the M3 or paying extra for it, you could just buy and R4 now and IF it turns out that the M3 is actually a better slot1 card in the future, you could just "convert" it into a M3.

We already tried and it dosen't work.

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

We already tried and it dosen't work.

I just double checked the posts in this topic, didn't find anyone who said that it doesn't work. when did you try that?

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
check this out, i just read that yyjoy has hacked R4DS, a member of YYJOY's reviewing team has turned a R4DS into M3DS with simple tools, and M3DS's kernel!

i tottaly expected this to happen, but not this soon! R4 FTW! ordering one tommorow!

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally made a skin, heheheh, It's based on FLCL. But I used the background from the Mac OS skin by H8TR (bckgrd_1 and bckgrd_2), I hope you don't mind, All I did to it was change the color. The Icons and Logo I made myself.
Preview Here
Download it here

H8TR, where do I get a picture of an NDS like the one you used for your skin previews?

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally made a skin, heheheh, It's based on FLCL. But I used the background from the Mac OS skin by H8TR (bckgrd_1 and bckgrd_2), I hope you don't mind, All I did to it was change the color. The Icons and Logo I made myself.
Preview Here
Download it here

H8TR, where do I get a picture of an NDS like the one you used for your skin previews?

Awesome, whats the top screen look like?

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally made a skin, heheheh, It's based on FLCL. But I used the background from the Mac OS skin by H8TR (bckgrd_1 and bckgrd_2), I hope you don't mind, All I did to it was change the color. The Icons and Logo I made myself.
Preview Here
Download it here

Just download it and see
A question, Is the M3DS and R4DS really the same thing? Just with different OS'?
Isn't it the OS that determines a games' compatability? M3 and R4 use 2 different OS' right?
Or is it the hardware that determines compatability.

Philosophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked my tracking number and mine just went out today.
One question, is there any way that you can have it recognize folders?
Can I have a folder for my games and then one for my saves?

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Preview Here
Download it here

Just download it and see
A question, Is the M3DS and R4DS really the same thing? Just with different OS'?
Isn't it the OS that determines a games' compatability? M3 and R4 use 2 different OS' right?
I don't have my R4 yet...still waiting for it to be in stock at RHS. Any chance for a preview?
smile.gif

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Preview Here
Download it here

Just download it and see
I don't have my R4 yet...still waiting for it to be in stock at RHS. Any chance for a preview?
smile.gif
All I put in the download was the skin. They're just bitmap images. Just open them and look at them. Once you have your R4, Just open the folder for the OS and put it inside the system folder. Be sure to remove the old skin first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: "Excuse me sir, are these naked pics?" ...yes officer. "Cool, can you send me those"