Hacking R4 v1.08(beta) kernel is out

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An option I'd like to see is on the main menu boot to Slot 2, but autoboot to GBA Mode. I have a R4 DS & a M3 Lite. When I want to play GBA, I have to boot to R4, tell it to boot to Slot 2, then tell the M3 Lite to boot to GBA Mode. It would be nice to boot the M3 Lite directly to GBA from the DS.

What do you guys have on your cards? I have 1 GB MicroSD in my R4, and another 1GB MicroSD on my M3, and both have 500-600MB free.

ejx982

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
An option I'd like to see is on the main menu boot to Slot 2, but autoboot to GBA Mode. I have a R4 DS & a M3 Lite. When I want to play GBA, I have to boot to R4, tell it to boot to Slot 2, then tell the M3 Lite to boot to GBA Mode. It would be nice to boot the M3 Lite directly to GBA from the DS.

What do you guys have on your cards? I have 1 GB MicroSD in my R4, and another 1GB MicroSD on my M3, and both have 500-600MB free.

ejx982

Same with me, just i have a G6Lite

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An option I'd like to see is on the main menu boot to Slot 2, but autoboot to GBA Mode. I have a R4 DS & a M3 Lite. When I want to play GBA, I have to boot to R4, tell it to boot to Slot 2, then tell the M3 Lite to boot to GBA Mode. It would be nice to boot the M3 Lite directly to GBA from the DS.

What do you guys have on your cards? I have 1 GB MicroSD in my R4, and another 1GB MicroSD on my M3, and both have 500-600MB free.

ejx982
Use GBA Switch homebrew.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use GBA Switch homebrew.
That doesn't support GBA frames, and it can't be set to the slot 2 button.
You probably know this already, but it might interest others (though it's pretty obvious maybe): by renaming gbaswitch.nds to _DS_MSHL.NDS it can be set as the middle button in R4's main menu. I did that with my R4. Redid the icons in .TaKaM's Clouds skin to match the changes (and my prefs):

iconsbp8.png

(You can save/convert to icons.bmp and use it with .TaKaM's Clouds skin)

Shame about not having the border in GBA mode though.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be nice if they allowed to boot slot-2 flashcard in GBA mode by like holding R trigger for example while pushing the "boot slot 2" button. That would be perfect. I really hope they consider this.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question, does this beta version corrupt microsd cards, and also by corrupting does it mean it will work fine after formating it, or does it mean the card is permanently damaged?

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone explain the definition of corrupt card? Can it still work after it has been corrupted?
No worries about 1.08beta corrupting your MicroSD. Corruption as I understand it is file or FAT table corruption, which can be corrected by a simple format. When corruption does happen, chances are that you'll lose files like savegames.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh then i'm not afraid of corruption, because i back up all my saves a lot, but I tried v1.08 beta, and there is no problem with it, i tried to delete files and they worked. I was succesfully able to launch a legit gba game, using the slot 2 button. I can back up saves now. This update is great. There's no problem at all, doesn't feel different either. Theme skins, works same as 1.07, no difference what so ever. Keep it up R4 team, hopefully they will come up with a web browser (not likely).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii