wiiesel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys,

i recently got a R4 Ultimate card (r4i-u.com) for my good old DS phat and im not satisfied with the FW they are offering on there HP (kernel 1.41)
the most games i tested won't run well (dragon quest black screen after the first fight, GTA only intro, Golden Sun black screen).
Children of Mana runs well btw.

I've read that the Wood R4 is a very good FW and i tried it but it doesnt work.

I also tried the Akaio 1.2 and renaming the .nds to _DS_MENU.DAT because ive read that this card could be possibly an acekard clone but it doesnt work.

And i tried to load Wood R4 as .nds file from the "original" FW. It loads but i only see three icons (SD, Slot 2, folder) and i have no text.

So what i can do to use Wood R4 on my card or a similar FW that has a good compability to the most games?

Z

Zorua

Retrogamefan's updates might work on it.

Download it, extract the R4 Clones YSMENU folder to your desktop, copy everything from inside that folder to the root of your microSD, put the cart into your ds and run the .nds file.

Your game should work now.

wiiesel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
now i get an "unsupported DLDI name" error when i try to run a game.....is this normal and i have to do some other steps before?

i saw the manufacturer offers "patches" http://r4i-u.com/download.asp

"wood_r4 ids v1.25" and "fm for wood_r4 ids v1.25"

"wood_r4 ids v1.25" which containing the "_rpg_" folder doesnt work and "fm for wood_r4 ids v1.25" works but same problems with games.

"fm for wood_r4 ids v1.25" contains a "fw_update.nds" what is this?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wiiesel said:
now i get an "unsupported DLDI name" error when i try to run a game.....is this normal and i have to do some other steps before?

i saw the manufacturer offers "patches" http://r4i-u.com/download.asp

"wood_r4 ids v1.25" and "fm for wood_r4 ids v1.25"

"wood_r4 ids v1.25" which containing the "_rpg_" folder doesnt work and "fm for wood_r4 ids v1.25" works but same problems with games.

"fm for wood_r4 ids v1.25" contains a "fw_update.nds" what is this?
As I said, there is nothing anyone can really do. if YSmenu doesn't work, then clearly you need to get a better card and Wood 1.25 was the last open-sourced Wood so even with their Wood, there will be no support for it and honestly it's just better buying a better new card.

wiiesel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
As I said, there is nothing anyone can really do. if YSmenu doesn't work, then clearly you need to get a better card and Wood 1.25 was the last open-sourced Wood so even with their Wood, there will be no support for it and honestly it's just better buying a better new card.

yeah i know that card is maybe crap but YSmenu works except this DLDI error and some games works to. there is still a little hope that i get this card work properly for me
smile.gif

QUOTEIts a firmware update.

an update for the DS FW? should i do that or is it for the DSi ?

wiiesel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that card fucks me up
hate2.gif

after hours of testing with different software with more or less success (for example i was able to load different waio wood versions via the original FW but the games didnt work), i tried the akaio 1.2 FW loaded via the original FW.
it worked for the moment and i tried to load a game. the loadbar appeared but nothing happened. i switched off the DS and turned it on and now the DS doesnt recognize my flashcard
sad.gif
it happens nothing only the safety screen and after that the normal DS menu.
i dont know why.
is it possible that the akaio 1.2 FW did terrible things to my flashcard?
the hardware seems ok because the FW still creates a "private" folder.

what happened there? any suggestions?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
From what I can see from the website you've given for your card it uses either the same Wood R4 as the R4ids.cn cards or a patched version of the r4ids.cn Wood R4. Try downloading the latest version of Wood R4ids from here.

wiiesel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the problem is that i cant load any FW at the moment, after i tried to run a game with akaio 1.2.
nothing happens but it appears a "private" folder on the SD.

is it possible that the akaio FW "bricked" my flashcard? or what happened?

Z

Zorua

wiiesel said:
the problem is that i cant load any FW at the moment, after i tried to run a game with akaio 1.2.
nothing happens but it appears a "private" folder on the SD.

is it possible that the akaio FW "bricked" my flashcard? or what happened?
It might be your microSD.
Try formatting it using SD Formatter.
Find ' SD Formatter ' on FileTrip.net

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
I can tell you now two things:
1. It is not an acekard firmware. AKAIO is a kernel, not a firmware. Remember the kernel is the OS it runs, the firmware is the trick it uses to get past the DS/L/i/iXL firmware.
2. Only a firmware update can brick your flashcart, not a kernel.
Can't think of a solution to your problem though.
EDIT: Found post above me. Might work, but remember to backup your files BEFORE formatting. Even though it might not seem important now, it might prove very important in the future.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
O.K. Try inserting the flashcard WITHOUT the misro SD card inserted what does your DS say when you try to run it?

Have you tried a different micro SD card in it?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
After having a look at the original website for your card I need to know which kernels did you originally download and install on your card as there seem to be a couple of firmware updates on the site as well as kernels.

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it mildly unnecessary the constant "OMG BUY A NEW CART" posts. Yes, this is a bad cart, but at least he could try getting it to work somewhat. I have one of these carts too and im also working on getting wood on there. Ill definitely keep you updated if I get it working wiiesel. Have you done both the firmware updates? (From loading the .nds files)

I also have an acekard so everyone refrain from yelling at me to get a new cart

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, a friend of mine is wanting to buy a flashcart... there is a "Physical" store near him that sells R4iSDHC RTS(r4isdhc.com), R4iSDHC (redbox), R4i Gold (r4igold.com) and iTouch2 Lite...

he can only get one of those, so which one would be the better for him? He mainly wants to play NDS Roms, and Newer Games...

Z

Zorua

R4i SDHC. It can run YSMenu and also supports 1.4.2. The R4i Gold that they're selling is a clone of the original. iTouch 2 isn't supported anymore. Get the r4i sdhc red box. It can run YSMenu and also supports 1.4.2. The first r4i that you mentioned is a bad clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY