Hacking R4 "touch" functionality broken?

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me or have recent versions of the R4 FW been negating the touch functionality? I'm running 1.18, but whenever I try to adjust brightness by touching the sun icon it doesn't work. Clicking the L button does however. Same deal with turning soft reset on/off, touching the icon doesn't have any effect, but clicking the R button does. This concerns me somehow in the fact that I can't customize my Moonshell settings from the top left hand drop down menu that pops up when you touch the icon. Is anyone else having this problem, and if they are, is there a way to fix it?

(I ran an older version of the FW, 1.10 and the touch functionality worked, just recent versions [ex. 1.18])

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reym said:
try sakura hacked firmware made by the gbatempers

(never knew r4ds main screen was touch-able)

what difference will hacked sakura do it does not load games! and homebrew support is terrible!
frown.gif

if it works with 1.10 then try installing 1.18 over the top of 1.10
smile.gif

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
reym said:

what difference will hacked sakura do it does not load games! and homebrew support is terrible!
frown.gif

smile.gif

That's what I did, 'cause the newer versions of the FW don't give you the themes folder. After I installed it overtop 1.10, the touch functionality stopped working.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
That's quite weird... If the other games are working just fine too, the R4DS should have the touch functionality also. It can't be the firmware, because I'm running V1.18, and I get full touch-functionality. x_x

It could be down to one of these following things: It may be the R4DS cart itself, unless it has touch with previous editions of Firmware, or it could be that you might be running one of the firmwares for the R4 clones, rather than the real cart.

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blackout said:
kobykaan said:
reym said:

frown.gif

smile.gif

That's what I did, 'cause the newer versions of the FW don't give you the themes folder. After I installed it overtop 1.10, the touch functionality stopped working.

You need to make the themes folder yourself.

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
sonicrax said:
That's quite weird... If the other games are working just fine too, the R4DS should have the touch functionality also. It can't be the firmware, because I'm running V1.18, and I get full touch-functionality. x_x

It could be down to one of these following things: It may be the R4DS cart itself, unless it has touch with previous editions of Firmware, or it could be that you might be running one of the firmwares for the R4 clones, rather than the real cart.

It maybe the the cart itself, but that still doesn't explain the lack of touch on 1.18. It's highly unlikely that I have a clone or a fake, because I've owned my R4 since it released. (At the time I got it, I was running 1.05 FW)

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
I think it's just your NDS. What games did you play and how did they use those areas?

It's not my DS, 'cause older FW touch works fine. I can touch the icons on the home screen, but beyond that, touch in Moonshell and in the Game browser doesn't work.

Games work fine on my DS, no touch issues whatsoever.

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh dang, ah well. not having touch functionality won't affect my R4 usage would it? I don't use Moonshell at all (that's what an iPod is for =D), and Nintendo pretty much sued the R4 Team to oblivion, so no point in buying another one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm