Hacking R4 Theme Problem?

lonewolf80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I recently purchased a R4 DS. However, when I manually select themes from my _system_/themes/ folder, sometimes it displays themes fine, but when you choose a theme other than that, only half of the theme seems to change along. A particular theme that is problematic is this Zelda theme: http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/fd94948401.

Any suggestions? Is it my R4 that's not working properly? Is it the firmware? DSOrganize? Or is it the faulty theme? Thanks!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to be honest I only use 1 theme you and delete all the other theme folders just leaving the theme01 folder
smile.gif

maby try just having two eg theme01 and theme 02

and delete the others
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lonewolf80 said:
Hi. I recently purchased a R4 DS. However, when I manually select themes from my _system_/themes/ folder, sometimes it displays themes fine, but when you choose a theme other than that, only half of the theme seems to change along. A particular theme that is problematic is this Zelda theme: http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/fd94948401.

Any suggestions? Is it my R4 that's not working properly? Is it the firmware? DSOrganize? Or is it the faulty theme? Thanks!

I discovered that some themes do NOT have all the images in the proper format. I had the exact same problem as you, only half the theme would show up as you flipped through them. I had to look through the images of the one that screwed up until I found the bmp's that were not 24bit color and fixed them. (in my particular case)

If ONE file is goofed in a theme folder, you tend to see an image from the last theme in the current theme instead of the image it was supposed to be, that would be your first clue as to what theme folder to check out for problems

Be sure to check ALL the images, not just one out of any given folder. Check for incorrect resolution too. Also, pay attention to the file names. All the theme folders should appear to have the same files....by name.

You're either missing some bmp's out of some of the theme folders, or the bmp's themselves aren't what the DS wants to see and needs to be fixed.

As it stands now, I have 12 themes rotating monthly and I like it. I have hundreds of themes stored away on the ol' hard drive. It will be the one thing I'll miss when I upgrade from the R4 to the CycloDS EVO. (that's what I decided I'll upgrade to), because I'd have to start a whole new collection of themes for a completely different cart. I like to swap them out every year, keeping only the best ones, until I acheived the "perfect theme set" for the R4.. sigh....

Anyway, hope that helps ya!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario