Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

chompita239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Support for that card has always been spotty. You will have to dump it's rom so that I can attempt to make a stage3 launcher from it. Wooddumper may fail to do this correctly. You'll have to use the dldi branch of bootstrap and the slot2 version of NDS Backup Tool. Failing that you may have to use the wifi version of it as I have a card that only that tool dumps correctly. Until I have a valid dump of that card, there's nothing I can do to help you.
OK it tried with this https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_BootStrap/releases/tag/1.0.BackupTool but i am getting this error :(

Attachments

• bc65ee74-3135-44b3-8901-1834c667102e.jpg
    bc65ee74-3135-44b3-8901-1834c667102e.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited by chompita239,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You may have to try using the wifi version of that dumper instead then. If that also fails, a physical swapper device may be needed (I got one off Amazon. It's a 3 in 1 cart swapper thing that allows switching from 3 carts inserted into the device. But it allows me to remove a cart without triggering slot power off)

So then you'd either have to obtain said device or send your card to someone who owns one.

smykul

Trophies
XP
Country
@Apache Thunder
I'm currently having quite a bit of trouble getting my old flashcart to work with any loader.

The sticker says it is an "R4 upgrade Revolution for DS", it supports SDHC (have an 8gb card in it currently). I got it from a market stall, but r4i-sdhc.com is printed on the sticker (and I am currently using their firmware, which utilises R4.dat on the root of the SD. Although I am sure the .dat file in a previous version used to be called something else). It looks like this:

down_r4.jpg

(Note the lack of a "1.4" or a "game engine" logo etc. This is an old flashcart!)

I have run DSTT Dumper and it generated the attached file. (Don't think the upload is working, link on filetrip: HERE )

I have tried running DSTT firmware and tried the launcher from the first post which says it supports this card (both the menu launcher and moonshell launcher), they both just produce a graphic which says loading (also the DSTT firmware wont boot on my DS, I just get "?MENU" on the top screen). I have also tried 3 other launchers and various other firmwares but to no avail.

I should mention I have an N3DS XL on 11.2.0-35E running the latest Luma CFW.

Thank you for all of your hard work, apologies if I have missed something obvious (I must have tried 20-or-so different configurations at this point)

Attachments

• DSTTDUMP.zip
    61.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by smykul,

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried using your M3 DS Real launcher, with the WoodM3 archive you provided : it launches, a white screen flashes and then nothing. I'm able to quit it using the HOME button. Any clue ?

Edit : Well it works now. The flashcard needs to be inserted when the console boots for an obscure reason. Love you <3

Last edited by natinusala,

vt6446

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
@smykul

R4i Gold Launcher should work if you have that exact cartridge you posted picture of.

DSTT Launcher works too but only if you put DSTT firmware on the root of your sd card.

So if you want to use DSTT launcher put TTMENU folder and TTMenu.dat on the root of your R4-SDHC sd Card.

I recommend R4i Gold launcher though because I don't like DSTT's firmware at all.

Last edited by vt6446,

smykul

Trophies
XP
Country
@vt6446

I had tried the DSTT Launcher but not the R4i gold one! :shy: After installing the r4i-gold launcher cia, my 3ds recognised the card when I plugged it in (the menu automatically highlighted the slot 1 icon, it hadn't done that before) and it launched first time.

The strange thing is that the DSTT one didn't work at all (wouldn't even launch the DSTT firmware in my old DS). Regardless, I am very pleased to have it working! :D

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it :)

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@smykul

I've got the same cart and I got it working today. Just download the DSTT launcher and read readme and do what it says.

@smykul

R4i Gold Launcher should work if you have that exact cartridge you posted picture of.

DSTT Launcher works too but only if you put DSTT firmware on the root of your sd card.

So if you want to use DSTT launcher put TTMENU folder and TTMenu.dat on the root of your R4-SDHC sd Card.

I recommend R4i Gold launcher though because I don't like DSTT's firmware at all.

@vt6446

I had tried the DSTT Launcher but not the R4i gold one! :shy: After installing the r4i-gold launcher cia, my 3ds recognised the card when I plugged it in (the menu automatically highlighted the slot 1 icon, it hadn't done that before) and it launched first time.

The strange thing is that the DSTT one didn't work at all (wouldn't even launch the DSTT firmware in my old DS). Regardless, I am very pleased to have it working! :D

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it :)

Can you guys help me out. I have a VERY similar card (attached a picture).

I tried the DSTT Launcher after copying over the TTMenu folder and TTMenu.data to my microsd card and using the TTDS Launcher cia, but I got stuck with a screen that just said "Loading" with a picture of a microsd card.

I also tried the R4i Gold launcher but I only get a white screen.

I'm using the original r4sdhc kernal from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

Any help would be very appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
Last edited by Sumit,

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try r4i-sdhc v.1.4.5 kernel and try r4i-sdhc gold launcher. If that doesen't work try those other kernel's too.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get that kernel version, would you? I'm searching for it now, but not having any luck

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

This site which you already linked.

I just read somewhere that the R4i-sdhc without i mark should work on your cart.
Did you try that kernel?

I was looking for version 1.4.5 specifically since you mentioned it. The links on the page are for Kernel 1.84, so I was confused.

I am currently using the R4i-SDHC without i mark kernel, but maybe I should try the one WITH the i mark. I'll give it a shot and report back

vt6446

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Alright.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also v.1.4.5 kernel is downloadable on that site it's right under the 3DS kernel download section.

That one has the same wi-fi logo that your cart has but I doubt that would work.

Reactions: Sumit

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also v.1.4.5 kernel is downloadable on that site it's right under the 3DS kernel download section.

That one has the same wi-fi logo that your cart has but I doubt that would work.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20170116-ramp-132kb

Check out my screenshot. Tried both of those kernels, but no luck. Maybe I'm just doomed

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm try out the one with the i mark.

Or post a screenshot of your SD which has the kernel without the i mark.

So.. I'm not entirely sure what happened. I was getting annoyed so I went back to my original kernal which was the one without the i and without the wifi, and I was going to try it with the R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel.rar. That also didn't work, so for the heck of it I tried again with r4i-gold launcher and it just worked.. Mind blown

Thanks for your help through this man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(