Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
The Supercard CIA I made. That's the one I meant. If you get an error has occured message, there's something wrong with your setup. Did you install it to emunand? If so, make sure it's installed to sysnand as well. This isn't like Slot-1 Launcher. It needs to be present on both if launching from emunand.

EDIT: CycloDS Launcher is read:

CycloDSLauncher_Test.rar

It probably won't work though. I had to change the arm7 code/ram entry address settings to get it to boot. It white screens for me. Might boot if a CycloDS is present, but it may not work with the modified Arm7 settings. Worth a shot though. Doesn't look like I can do much to save CycloDS unless there's alternate firmware compatible with it.
White screens with CycloDS in :/

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Probably need twl_firm patched on sysnand too

No. patched TWL_FIRM is only required for the nand you are booting from. So if using emunand, only emunand's TWL_FIRM needs to be patched. You'd only need to patch sysnand's version if you were going to launch it from sysnand. Unless you have A9L CFW, I don't recommend installing a prepatched CIA of TWL_FIRM to sysnand. It would prevent you from using DS/DSi stuff outside of CFW.

EDIT:

Ok. YSMenu for M3 adapters is ready:

YSMenuLauncher_M3.rar

It was using incompatible arm7 settings too so I had to change that. But this one boots to white screen, then top screen goes to black with the bottom screen dimming slightly. So this one is more promising. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: FenrirWolf

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse my ignorance, but does this release work with those carts that don't have a banner and just auto boot directly? EX. OG DS Action Replay

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No. This is specific to the flashcarts they were designed for. Do you have a rom dump of Action Replay? If I had one I might be able to get it working with a launcher. But the chances are low as I have not gotten rom dumps to boot their respective cards yet. :(

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. This is specific to the flashcarts they were designed for. Do you have a rom dump of Action Replay? If I had one I might be able to get it working with a launcher. But the chances are low as I have not gotten rom dumps to boot their respective cards yet. :(

Okay. I don't have a rom dump and I have no idea on how I could attempt that. If I could dump the rom without any hardware modifications... I could send you it?

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Currently you need a original DS or DS Lite to dump NTR cartridges. There's no rom dumpers (that are public) for the 3DS yet since cardswapping does not work in NTR/DSi mode on a 3DS.

The DAT file is encrypted. (The R4 Decryptor tool doesn't work on it by the way). Unless you can get a hold of the decrypted version, I can't use that. :(

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: mungry

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Currently you need a original DS or DS Lite to dump NTR cartridges. There's no rom dumpers (that are public) for the 3DS yet since cardswapping does not work in NTR/DSi mode on a 3DS.

The DAT file is encrypted. (The R4 Decryptor tool doesn't work on it by the way). Unless you can get a hold of the decrypted version, I can't use that. :(
i will search as i can, i'm tired of this 4 day of testing ^^ i go sleep a little bit

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for me it doesnt work the one of wood r4 .. i get it to the menu of sd gba and folder but it looks weird and press a and a windows appears but nothing more.. i can cancel with b and move up and down but nothing more.. :(

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's mean that it can't read from the file from the sd card, can you format and put it the laste version of wood 1.6.2

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Supercard CIA I made. That's the one I meant. If you get an error has occured message, there's something wrong with your setup. Did you install it to emunand? If so, make sure it's installed to sysnand as well. This isn't like Slot-1 Launcher. It needs to be present on both if launching from emunand.
If you mean that:
SupercardDS_Menu.rar
it doesn't have any .cia in, only a .3ds

When you say installing in sysNAND and emuNAND, that would mean I need to install it twice, using the injected FBI (for emuNAND) and the FBI.3dsx (for sysNAND)?

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

all file are encrypted from the first to the last version of the firmware i'm sorry we can't do somethink about it

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you mean that:
it doesn't have any .cia in, only a .3ds

When you say installing in sysNAND and emuNAND, that would mean I need to install it twice, using the injected FBI (for emuNAND) and the FBI.3dsx (for sysNAND)?

Oops my bad. I added the CIA. Redownload the file to get the updated version. :P

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did I forget something, or whya does it not work?:
- installed latest rxtools on my 2ds 10.5
- installed the wood r4 launcher on sys and emunand
- installed the latest wood r4 firmware (1.6.1) on the r4 card, so the root of the micro sd consists of _rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT
However, the R4 does not show up when I insert it (think this is normal on the 3ds), but when I try to start it, it gives me a "An Error ocurred screen", so did I miss anything? Also, my 3ds region is eur, im sure the cia does not have a region lock, but the more information the better

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the last version it's the 1.6.2
Did I forget something, or whya does it not work?:
- installed latest rxtools on my 2ds 10.5
- installed the wood r4 launcher on sys and emunand
- installed the latest wood r4 firmware (1.6.1) on the r4 card, so the root of the micro sd consists of _rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT
However, the R4 does not show up when I insert it (think this is normal on the 3ds), but when I try to start it, it gives me a "An Error ocurred screen", so did I miss anything? Also, my 3ds region is eur, im sure the cia does not have a region lock, but the more information the better
but the problem it's not this, you did a mistake on the setup, did you put the elf file on rxtools?

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
formated and put latest version of wood 1.6.2 with 1 game and still the same as before :( on my ds lite works fine. so its not something of the sd or r4 card i think

edit: tried to launch the r4 on the 3ds without the card and it apperas what i had before without the r4 inserted o.o ..

Last edited by ombus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol