Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Error has occurred screen means you tried to launch it from emunand without having it installed to sysnand too or your TWL_FIRM isn't patched. If you recently updated to latest build of rxTools, you need to force it to do the data install again.
Well, this is where the problem is, I have installed it to sys and emunand, as well as forcing rxtools to undergo the installation again. I will try and install the cia for the launcher again on both nands, maybe something there did not quite work out.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i hope you get it working for the M3

I'm in the line behind you.
I've been doing the tests for all the M3 firmwares available.
They do say a picture is worth a thousand words, so:

mAx7BkC.png

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is where the problem is, I have installed it to sys and emunand, as well as forcing rxtools to undergo the installation again. I will try and install the cia for the launcher again on both nands, maybe something there did not quite work out.

Try launching it from sysnand to be sure. (also devmode does not patch TWL_FIRM, so don't use it for this)

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm totally stuck, can you make a tutorial on everything you have to do or could someone link me one? I have no idea what im doing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found the patched twlfirm so do I just need to install the cia on reinand? If so then what

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm totally stuck, can you make a tutorial on everything you have to do or could someone link me one? I have no idea what im doing

I found the patched twlfirm so do I just need to install the cia on reinand? If so then what
Install TWL_FIRM on EmuNAND, install launcher on Sys- and EmuNAND, IIRC.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Error has occurred screen means you tried to launch it from emunand without having it installed to sysnand too or your TWL_FIRM isn't patched. If you recently updated to latest build of rxTools, you need to force it to do the data install again.
That error screen also occurs if you're using the old version of @Aurora Wright 's patched twl_firm. My wood R4 wouldn't work until I updated it. Running on sysnand.

Reactions: Nikolay

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There's something wrong with your setup. If it was the card, you'd see a no UI themed WoodR4 menu with no text.

Ok wait so how do I install the patched twlfirm? Do I have to delete the other one first because it isn't letting me install the cia

You'll need to uninstall it using FBI first or use DevMenu 2x to overwrite it. I believe FBI may uninstall it for you. But that didn't work last time I tried. (is using FBI, be sure to set destination to NAND first)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

chaos_jockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This thread I'll dedicate to DSiWare designed to launch older DS flashcarts on the 3DS/n3DS. (and by old, I mean VERY old stuff. Stuff my TWL Slot-1 Launcher fails to work for)

This is separate from my TWL Slot-1 Launcher due to the fact that this works a bit differently and each launcher (if there are more I get working in the future) are specific to their flashcart and can't be used to launch slot-1 in general. Unlike TWL Slot-1 Launcher, if you intend to use this on emunand, you must have the DSiWare app in question installed to BOTH emunand AND sysnand!

But remember, you only need patched TWL_FIRM on emunand if using CIA of patched TWL_FIRM! Unless you are using rxTools of coarse. rxTools currently has the new TWL_FIRM patches that this needs. (that's o3DS exclusive though at the moment as rxTools doesn't yet have support for patching TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM of n3DS)

The above video shows the ORIGINAL R4 working on a n3DS/3DS for the first time! The original R4 has not worked even on the DSi! So that cheap 4/8 dollar flashcart that's still for sale in some places is now compatible with the 3DS using this launcher! Note this is a WoodR4 firmware launcher, thus you need WoodR4 files installed on your R4!

Download Link:
WoodR4Launcher.rar

It installs like any normal CIA. (Set destination to NAND if installing with FBI). Once installed, insert your R4 and boot this app. It will then start up the WoodR4 menu and games will be loaded from your R4's MicroSD card.

I will post launchers for other carts if and when I can get them converted and confirmed working. :D

AND I JUST BOUGHT AN R4i 3DS RTS. Oh well, it's nice to have an upgraded card.

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's something wrong with your setup. If it was the card, you'd see a no UI themed WoodR4 menu with no text.

You'll need to uninstall it using FBI first or use DevMenu 2x to overwrite it. I believe FBI may uninstall it for you. But that didn't work last time I tried.
Ok, maybe it will work out if I go reinand and install the TWL Patches manualy. Although its weird, since rxTools worked perfect, including gba and Dsi games (jap. Advance Wars)

Returnofganon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In BigBlueManager (I think) it says I can enter start + y to "update firmware" , should I do this to install on emunand

Edit: I tried this and it came up with an error

Last edited by Returnofganon,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Just got done doing DSTT:

DSTT_Launcher.rar

I can do YSMenu next, but it's unlikely to work. The builds of YSMenu I've tried haven't worked. :(

The above launcher I just posted boots to two white screens with a animated progress box icon in the bottom screen. Looks like it's trying to load DSTT stuff, so might work for those who actually have DSTT. I can't test it further as I don't own one. :P

In BigBlueManager (I think) it says I can enter start + y to "update firmware" , should I do this to install on emunand

Edit: I tried this and it came up with an error

NOOO! That's only for NATIVE_FIRM! Don't use that command for anything else!

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: zoogie

Returnofganon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I did as you said and used fbi manager to install the patched twlfirm and it deleted the other one and it installed fine. I then installed the cia but when I load the r4 it says error and I need to power down the system

Any idea of what I did wrong? I have the wood firm on my r4 original already

I think it is because I didnt install the cia to sysnand, how would I go about doing that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade