Hacking R4 SDHC Menu? error. You guys are my final hope.

Baltes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is mentioned many times on this forum, and i've been working on this dang thing for hours and finally gave up and decided to ask

I bought an R4 SDHC years ago at MAGFest and have been off and on trying to get it to work again for about a year

The R4 SDHC came in a BLACK box I have included a photo of the cart itself
001.JPG
I am using only a 2gb microsd for now, I have formatted it using the Panasonic utility, using instructions given by these forums

I have tried dozens of kernels and firmware and official and unofficial and wood and ysmenu and all sort of other things, all I get is the red "Menu?"

for about a year and a half the DS wouldn't read that there was a card in at all, and just today I stumbled across someone saying that some R4 clones have thin boards and the contacts don't meet the DS contacts properly. I tucked a little piece of cardboard behind the pins between the board and the plastic of the cart and now it works, so my interest in this thing has been sparked once again.

Idk how you guys are with incentives, but i'm willing to give someone a Humble THQ Bundle now or something <15$ during steam sale later this month if that helps :)

EDIT: I have also tried several firmwares assembled by members of this forum, still getting that Menu? error. I just want to find something like the original firmware or menu that came with this thing and then go from there

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately you have gotten a HORRIBLE clone, this was my first flashcart and I got that error, nothing worked with it, I ended up getting a Supercard DS2.

Baltes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually tried several firmwares from that exact page before posting, from both the R4 sdhc and the R4 New/r4 sdhc categories
No luck :(

Edit
I am now noticing that everyone else's cards has a website on the card. Mine does not...
I'm pretty much screwed aren't I?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum