Hacking R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 Not Working At All

Noregrets94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I recently bought an R4 SDHC Dual Core with the 2013 in the red spikey bubble on the top right corner. I'm using a Sandisk 2G micro sd card. I have tried every possible kernel from ysmenu to the official one from http://www.r4isdhc.com/. Every single time, without fail, when I put the R4 into my DSI(v. 1.4.5) and boot it up(the icon is Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA, Inc. if that makes any difference), it gives me the message: "Can't open _dsmenu.dat". I have googled the problem using every reiteration I could think of, to no avail. If anyone has any idea what's happening here, help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: maaari

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the "_dsmenu.dat" file where it's supposed to be and named as it should? If it is, it could be that the file is corrupted; you have the wrong file; or your card might be broken...

YoureWelcome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have the solution! Ok i had this problem for like a month now until i decided to do some intensive googling. Apparently its not the R4 or the SD card, its actually the kernel. Your R4 is a little different due to the Deep Labyrinth icon, but no worrys. I had downloaded almost every kernel i can find until i found this post in Yahoo! Answers. He describe almost the same thing you're experiencing and he figured it out.

Don't download the beta 1.62 kernel but download this one http://www.r4isdhc.com.cn/showDownload.asp?id=10 from there go to the
"The latest kernel, update the date 2013-9-9
"

the file name should be wood-v162.rar from there you know what to do, copy to the root of your SD card and BAM! it should work properly

Reactions: maaari

maaari

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have exact the same problem with my 'R4 SDHC 3DS DSi card 2014' (Dual-Core SMART UPDATE), but I have the 2014 version. But everything you discribed is the same with my card. I also have that 'Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA, Inc.' name. I tried to use YoureWelcome's way of fixing, but I can't open those sites. I can't download wood-v162.rar . What to do now?
(Sorry, I'm not from an English coutry so I don't speak English properly)

maaari

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, but now I have different problems. I've tried to download those kernels and other stuff, and I put them on my sd-card. But if I start my ds now, I have a white upperscreen and a black lower screen. And on that black screen are a sd-card, r4-card (with 'Slot 2' on it) and a file on show. When I choose the sd-card, I see 4 other files (empty). When I choose the r4-card, I see a yellow square in the middle of the sceen (the same screen as before but with a square). And there is nothing when I choose that last file...
What to do now? :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-