Hacking R4 Gold RTS for two 3DS XLs

RobJones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've purchased a R4 Gold RTS card from nds-card to put CFW on a couple of 3DS XLs. The first one went fine (CFW and Homebrew installed), but when I tried inserting into the second 3DS, the R4 card no longer appears on the home screen.

I've just noticed the text "Please note that the card can not play nds games any more after it is flashed ntrboothax." Does that mean the card can only be used once for installing ntrboothax and it must be thrown away?

If so, is there any way of reseting it?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
you can reflash it using the original file to make it run DS games again

use this

https://github.com/kitling/ntrboot_flasher/releases

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Section V - Removing ntrboot
What you need

The latest release of ntrboot_flasher

The flashrom backup corresponding to your flashcart
Note that if you followed “Flashing ntrboot (3DS Multi System)”, the flashrom already exists in the correct location and does not need to be downloaded
If you do not know which HW revision you have, just try all of them. Only the correct one will allow your flashcart to launch properly from home menu, but flashing the wrong one will not brick the cart:
and chose your card.

Last edited by aos10,

RobJones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the prompt response. I've reflashed the 3DS card. Hopefully I'll be as good as you lot and help others! :)

Sheeeld234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing ntrboothax, if you want to play nds game again, the process is a little complex. Recommend you Ace3ds X, this card can swith DS mode and NTRboot mode directly, without any removing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-