R4 Gold RTS for two 3DS XLs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RobJones, Oct 17, 2017.

1. RobJones
    OP

RobJones Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I've purchased a R4 Gold RTS card from nds-card to put CFW on a couple of 3DS XLs. The first one went fine (CFW and Homebrew installed), but when I tried inserting into the second 3DS, the R4 card no longer appears on the home screen.

I've just noticed the text "Please note that the card can not play nds games any more after it is flashed ntrboothax." Does that mean the card can only be used once for installing ntrboothax and it must be thrown away?

If so, is there any way of reseting it?

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    you can reflash it using the original file to make it run DS games again

use this

https://github.com/kitling/ntrboot_flasher/releases

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Section V - Removing ntrboot
    What you need

The latest release of ntrboot_flasher

The flashrom backup corresponding to your flashcart
    Note that if you followed “Flashing ntrboot (3DS Multi System)”, the flashrom already exists in the correct location and does not need to be downloaded
    If you do not know which HW revision you have, just try all of them. Only the correct one will allow your flashcart to launch properly from home menu, but flashing the wrong one will not brick the cart:
    and chose your card.

Last edited by aos10, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Valkyy

Valkyy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2017
    United States
    Hmm, idk. Earth maybe?
    You forgot to restore the card. See section V of this page.

4. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Yоu can skip the part where you enter the card. Just go to the magnet part.
    You don't need to restore the card before you're done hacking all the 3DSs you want

5. RobJones
    OP

RobJones Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the prompt response. I've reflashed the 3DS card. Hopefully I'll be as good as you lot and help others! :)

6. Sheeeld234

Sheeeld234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2014
    United States
    After installing ntrboothax, if you want to play nds game again, the process is a little complex. Recommend you Ace3ds X, this card can swith DS mode and NTRboot mode directly, without any removing.

7. Mark2333

Mark2333 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    And the R4I B9S card from www.r4i-sdhc.com is also very easy to restore to NDS Mode. Its r4i b9s flasher can help you play ds games with this card by simple operation.