Hacking R4 Freezing

Psycho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there I'm new here but can anyone help me out with this dilemma?

I've had an R4 for almost 9 months now and it seemed to have stopped working a week ago. It started when I was playing Rune Factory, I closed the lid and heard a strange noise coming from the DS. Kind of like "THUMP THUMP THUMP ad infinitum" I was confused horribly. I open up my ds lid a smidge to check it out. Apparently the top and bottom screens were flickering black and white over and over again like a rave party. I was shocked and turned off the DS.

After this all my games started to freeze 5~10 secs in of playing them, doesn't matter what game. I looked the problem up on google and it said to reformat my DS, which I did. It helped for around 2 days but afterwards it started again. I wasn't going to format my saves every two days so does anyone know how to fix this?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep a backup of your entire card on the hard drive. That way, when it crashes out on you, you have a quick way to go back to where you were.

If you use cheats, some can corrupt your gamesaves.

DSOrganize (if you use that) has been known to corrupt cards.

IPossibly your microSD may be going bad. Try a new or different one. When the R4 freezes, plug and unplug the cards a few times to sort of clean the contacts. That usually works for me.

Psycho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Keep a backup of your entire card on the hard drive. That way, when it crashes out on you, you have a quick way to go back to where you were.

If you use cheats, some can corrupt your gamesaves.

DSOrganize (if you use that) has been known to corrupt cards.

IPossibly your microSD may be going bad. Try a new or different one. When the R4 freezes, plug and unplug the cards a few times to sort of clean the contacts. That usually works for me.
Sorry but none of these work...I tried the backup thing and it doesn't work, didn't use cheats, don't use DSOrganize and I've practically brushed the DS slot and the SD card slot until it's almost glowing.

Psycho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
farfet said:
try with another microSD. Really, sometimes they just stop working like they should.
Aww damn, I forgot the model of mine.

What's the model for the microSD card again?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-