Hacking R4 dualcore card with big micro sd cards?

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i just found out that my r4 card doesnt work with 16 gb cards or higher, it's a dualcore 2016 from r4isdhc.com, put my 8 gig card and works like a charm.

Any way to fix this?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It has the same format as the cards that do work, fat32 64kb cluster
What kind of firmware are you using? Have you considered changing the cluster size? Is it a genuine SD? There's no reason why it wouldn't work if the 8GB one does - you might encounter issues beyond the 32GB mark, but not before that. If all fails, zero-fill the card, perhaps there's some chivkery pokery going on.

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What kind of firmware are you using? Have you considered changing the cluster size? Is it a genuine SD? There's no reason why it wouldn't work if the 8GB one does - you might encounter issues beyond the 32GB mark, but not before that. If all fails, zero-fill the card, perhaps there's some chivkery pokery going on.
Ysmenu and retrofan's firmware, i've tried 64kb and default, no luck
H2wtest sorry if i mispelled it, didn't show anything wrong
Im gonna try with the cluster size and see if it works

Maybe is the flashcard that has the limitation, is that possible?

Last edited by Hypnotizing,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Cards under 32GB should work out of the box, but flashcarts are famously picky in terms of what SD's they like to "work with". If there's a revision of R4 WOOD that works with your card, I'd try that as well.

SD - up to 2GB (some 4GB cards were made)
SDHC - 2-32GB
SDXC - 32GB-2TB

Your 8GB card was already in the SDHC bracket, so 16 should also work. Be sure to always install blank firmware without old configuration files to narrow down the issue.

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: nechigawara

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's great news, congratulations. People say that the app "doesn't do anything special" compared to the standard formatting tool, but in my rather extensive experience it fixes 99% of SD problems, so keep it handy. There's some magic in there, otherwise the SD Association wouldn't go through the trouble of making it in the first place. Full Erase (Overwrite) + Size Adjust is the panacea for most SD headaches.

Last edited by Foxi4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated