Hacking R4 DS owners roll call

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got mine today
biggrin.gif
Bought it from Bamboogaming. Shipping was rather fast - it took 7 days (5 business days) to Sweden.

vandergus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had mine for a few weeks now and love it. I was a little shy of the homebrew scene when slot-2 devices were dominating because of all the extra stuff involved. It doesn't get much easier than the R4 though.

Favorite thing about the R4: Being able to play Battletoads with nesDS. Love the rewind!

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My R4 and Black DS Lite are both coming in TOMORROW, YAY~!!!!!
Just in time for the weekend too! I'm so happy~!

EDIT: HAHA! My DS Lite just arrived, I'm SO HAPPY!

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I FINALLY HAVE MY R4!! SO DAMN HAPPY!!!! But mine doesn't make the clicky thing when you put the microSD in, It just slides in and out. Odd. Ah well, It works.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4DS Thursday. It's working great! I' using a 2gig Transcend microSD in it......no problems so far.

In fact, I'm typing this message from the "hacked for Supercard" (I have a SCminiSD in slot2) Opera Browser
smile.gif

chibibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered my R4 at winsunx.com yesterday ^^ hoping it will come this week and a patriot 1GB microSD card from newegg equaling $65 in total XD

rukiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I searched the forum and this topic but couldn't turn anything up, so I hope this hasn't been asked before but...

Is the R4 supposed to come with a black replacement shell? I recently got one from www.echostore.com but it came with just the white R4, with the 2nd batch reader, but no replacement black shell... is that right? Or did I get ripped?

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
The first generation R4's came with both white and dark grey shells. Now they only come in white.

Seemingly, this is only a temporary issue. They say on their official forum that it's resource thing and they will start supplying both shells again in the future...I feel it for the folks who are buying just now - they're being bumped out of their rightful black shell!
smile.gif

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up, folks.

Just got my R4 in from jandaman.com, very pleased with it so far. Only issue is that I STILL can't get nesDS to save properly, it's not saving my SRAM. I wanna play Tecmo Super Bowl on the road, dang it!

Sarge out.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's up, folks.

Just got my R4 in from jandaman.com, very pleased with it so far. Only issue is that I STILL can't get nesDS to save properly, it's not saving my SRAM. I wanna play Tecmo Super Bowl on the road, dang it!

Sarge out.
afaik, nesDS doesn't have saving implemented yet. At least not with R4 since it (nesDS) doesn't support DLDI.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that tutorial on pocketheaven's wiki merely tells you how to get it running, and still doesn't support saving? That stinks...

Oh well, I'll live until then. At least games like Super Dodge Ball and Contra are worthwhile.
smile.gif

Sarge out.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And just out of curiosity, why does it work on the DS-X, and not for the R4?

Sarge out.
The ability to save was never finished while nesDS was in development. After it seemed like it was abandoned, someone hacked it up a bit and a WIP version was released that allowed "saving." Granted, this hack only allowed it to save on a few cards (I don't think it did with any slot-1's). Unless DLDI is implemented, it's not going to allow you save on R4 (or any slot-1 for that matter). The whole project has been abandonded though so unless someone picks up the code and starts again, I don't see that happening any time soon.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I thought the DS-X _was_ a slot-1. I actually considered getting one, but decided the R4 was _substantially_ cheaper.

Ah well, I can't see absolutely no one picking up the nesDS project eventually, so I can be patient and use PocketNES until then.
smile.gif
Better compatibility on that, anyway.

Sarge out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^