Hacking R4 cards for 3ds with widescreen hack?

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Nop, since the 3DS is in DS mode with flashcards.
But if the 3DS get hacked someday, that's a homebrew I'd beg for.

edit :
as Rydian said, holding start select will change the scaling, but it's like playing on a stamp.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why would you want this? It would ruin the Aspect Ratio. I can't stand broken AR.
But I as far as I know it is not technically possible to use the full top screen in DS mode. And so far flash cards only run in DS mode.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want this? It would ruin the Aspect Ratio. I can't stand broken AR.
But I as far as I know it is not technically possible to use the full top screen in DS mode. And so far flash cards only run in DS mode.
by that you mean it looks pixelated/blurry right? ugh lol I was playing pokemon yellow on a gameboy and i noticed how pixalated it looks when you change the game to a different size which im guessing is the same when you do this on a flashcart...

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
by that you mean it looks pixelated/blurry right? ugh lol I was playing pokemon yellow on a gameboy and i noticed how pixalated it looks when you change the game to a different size which im guessing is the same when you do this on a flashcart...
No by that I do not mean it does look pixelated or blurry. At least not more then normally.
I mean that the picture will be stretched, so i.e. a square would not look like a square any more but like a rectangle.
Like when you watch a movie in 4:3 format on a 16:9 TV and set it to stretch the picture so it fills the whole TV.
I can't stand that, but many people these days do not seem to notice it, I really do not know why.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No by that I do not mean it does look pixelated or blurry. At least not more then normally.
I mean that the picture will be stretched, so i.e. a square would not look like a square any more but like a rectangle.
Like when you watch a movie in 4:3 format on a 16:9 TV and set it to stretch the picture so it fills the whole TV.
I can't stand that, but many people these days do not seem to notice it, I really do not know why.
I just see bluryness due to the image being stretch out XD I don't like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1