Hacking r-jtag nand problem

Lunaaar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
was doing r-jtag on my zephyr just to try if i could get it to work. But now i think i messed up.

I did nand backup before i started r-jtag. was trying to get it to boot but remembered that i probbably should update to latest dash, and flashed nand with my backup and updated dash then wired r-jtag up again and wrote xell to the box and tried to get it to boot again after a while i remembered that forgot to do a backup of the nand after the dash update. Then i thought no problem just to flash my backup again and update dash again...then do a new backup...
upload_2019-1-12_12-2-10.gif

Now the box wont boot with retail nand backup. i get rrod "Bridged solder joint/Short GPU-> (H)ANA" and im 100% sure nothing is bridged.

Now i think the problem is that i wrote the old dash nand to the box that had the latest dash update. Am i thinking right?

what are my options now?
can i update dash on my nand backup bin file or maybe extract files from tje backup file and use the important files to create a new nand file with latest dash update.
can i still boot in to xell with my old dash backup? if i get r-jtag to work and if not i try rgh.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which dash was it on and which one did you update to? If they're both relatively recent, I don't think the bootloader fuseset changed. However the LDV (Lock Down Value) fuseset burned for sure. The Xbox 360 CPU has eFuses in it. Iirc, you could use your original nand but update the LDV in advanced options in Jrunner by increasing the value by 1. Keep the original nand dump safe somewhere and make a copy to alter.

Lunaaar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the old dash is very old... 12625 and updated to 17526. ldv in jrunner shows first row 9 and 8 in the second row.
is it possible to get in to xell to get cpu key with the old backup?

Attachments

• jrunner.jpg
    jrunner.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by Lunaaar,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm willing to bet the bootloader changed so LDV isn't going to matter. I think your best bet is to just RGH it with RGH 1.0 if it'll take. Zephyrs don't always do well. You could check over at Realmodscene, as those guys are pretty good with this kind of thing. It might take a bit of time to get a response but they're way more knowledgeable than I am on rebuilding nands.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'd have to match your LDV in the old backup.
Zephyrs are notoriously hard to RGH, Xenons are next to impossible.

In all honesty, both boards are shit and prone to RROD.
I'd personally bin it and get a Falcon or better board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: