RGH3 flashing crashed during installation

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is my first time trying to install RGH so please be gentle.
I am using a Rpi Pico and J-runner and got as far as Write XeLL before my PC randomly crashed. It wrote Xell Reloaded to the Nand. And if I power on the Xbox the Xell Reloaded will start and show on my tv.
But the problem is i can no longer find the console on J-runner, it will display "Flash Config: 0x000000"
I have checked the soldering and it looks ok. I have backup of the original nand.
Any help is much appreciated

Tiny update. I loaded the nanddump in load source and connected with the xbox to get the CPU key. When I tried to create XeBuild it came an error on every block it was trying to write and ended with :
done! fsroot found ok!
**** could not read kv.bin (-1) ***
******* ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!
***** FATAL BUILD ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

Last edited by duffman2k,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first time trying to install RGH so please be gentle.
I am using a Rpi Pico and J-runner and got as far as Write XeLL before my PC randomly crashed. It wrote Xell Reloaded to the Nand. And if I power on the Xbox the Xell Reloaded will start and show on my tv.
But the problem is i can no longer find the console on J-runner, it will display "Flash Config: 0x000000"
I have checked the soldering and it looks ok. I have backup of the original nand.
Any help is much appreciated

Tiny update. I loaded the nanddump in load source and connected with the xbox to get the CPU key. When I tried to create XeBuild it came an error on every block it was trying to write and ended with :
done! fsroot found ok!
**** could not read kv.bin (-1) ***
******* ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!
***** FATAL BUILD ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image
Post pictures of your work. This sounds like a soldering problem though

Maybe not on your xbox side with the NAND points(wont know until we see pictures) but the Rpi Pico is known to be finicky if the joints on that end aren't great

Also what do you mean by your PC randomly crashed? Overall we need a lot more information

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Post pictures of your work. This sounds like a soldering problem though

Maybe not on your xbox side with the NAND points(wont know until we see pictures) but the Rpi Pico is known to be finicky if the joints on that end aren't great

Also what do you mean by your PC randomly crashed? Overall we need a lot more information

I am using a breadboard on the Pico that I connected to the wires on the Xbox. I will definitely check if there is a connection between the Pico and motherboard, I should have thought about that.
The pc was running an unstable overclock, not my smartest move.
I can't current provide pictures, but if this error primarily happens to bad connection hopefully it's just a bad wire. Thanks for the advice

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a breadboard on the Pico that I connected to the wires on the Xbox. I will definitely check if there is a connection between the Pico and motherboard, I should have thought about that.
The pc was running an unstable overclock, not my smartest move.
I can't current provide pictures, but if this error primarily happens to bad connection hopefully it's just a bad wire. Thanks for the advice
What kind of breadboard? The plastic ones that are made for DuPont wires?

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don’t use those that’s part of the problem. They make terrible connections
I removed all the existing wire and started from fresh. I took some Dupont wires female/male and soldered the male to the motherboard and connected them straight to the motherboard. One of them was a absolutely nightmare to get right, I spent maybe 30mins to get it right. Looks like shit but I tested every connection with a multimeter from the Pico to the motherboard and all have a connection.
Still I have the same error

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_212510966_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230709_212510966_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230709_212432490_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230709_212432490_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34

Murderous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
open jrunner. load nunddump. copy cpu key from xell and past to jrunner (one-one). press create XeBuld and now you have a file updflash.bin ...... copy to fat32 stick and conect to 360. xell load the file and voila.... fron this you dont need pico flasher or enything.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed all the existing wire and started from fresh. I took some Dupont wires female/male and soldered the male to the motherboard and connected them straight to the motherboard. One of them was a absolutely nightmare to get right, I spent maybe 30mins to get it right. Looks like shit but I tested every connection with a multimeter from the Pico to the motherboard and all have a connection.
Still I have the same error
Don’t solder with DuPont wires

Murderous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
JRunner read cpukey from xell with ip. Connect lan cable to xbox, boot to xell and copy the ip from xell to jrunner. Load nunddump, press read cpukey and after create xebuld. I don't speak English (5%),but I think you can understand me. Maybe
Post automatically merged:

At first you read the nund and then you made the ecc you wrote to enter xell. If you don't have it (nunddump 16mb) you fucked up.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JRunner read cpukey from xell with ip. Connect lan cable to xbox, boot to xell and copy the ip from xell to jrunner. Load nunddump, press read cpukey and after create xebuld. I don't speak English (5%),but I think you can understand me. Maybe

At first you read the nund and then you made the ecc you wrote to enter xell. If you don't have it (nunddump 16mb) you fucked up.
OP already knows the process the issue is his soldering

DuPont wires are great but they aren’t the tool for the job here. Use 28awg wire instead

Murderous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If the console goes into xell and can see cpukey then it is not mandatory to continue with pico. It loads nunddump and writes cpukey itself.It will build updflash.bin and pass it to the console with a fat32 stick. End of process.

If he wants, he can upload his nanddump along with the cpukey and I will send him the file ready.

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Huuuuge thanks to both of you.
I used the usb method and it worked like a charm

One tiny more thing.
My DVD drive is broken, not a big deal really. But if I get my hands on a another Xbox with rrod can I easily replace it?
Also is it better to not install without the broken drive? The laser is probably broken, it spins and eject but can't read. Maybe it is better for airflow without it?

Murderous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Every motherboard and dvd is one. On xell you can see dvdkey (open 360 with eject, not power), copy on second dvd drive. Or change the board between old and new drive.

Reactions: duffman2k

Murderous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can use the console without dvd. You won't have a problem. With the drive you can write games that you already have on the hard drive (original or copies).

Reactions: duffman2k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1