Hacking Quick question - making a label

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm making a label for the Tales of Symphonia 2 game, I haven't played it yet so I'm not sure on what icons to put on the label.

I'm assuming it's a single player game, so I'll put a '1' on the Wii controller icon... does it also use the Nunchuk?

Just want to confirm before I make the label.

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the label I made if anyone is interested:

I used the wiisc_disk.psd Photoshop template to make the CD, along with some artwork and the logo obtained from Google Images. I hope it's useful for someone, I also uploaded it to CDCovers.cc.

classicrock1169

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a suggestion
DO NOT USE A LABEL.
they can cause disk errors and cause your disks to eventually become useless. The glue on them can also help ruin you disk drive. My Solution. Just use a sharper or pens at radio shack which are made for the use to right on disks.

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
platty said:
Or buy a printer thats prints straight to printable discs

I guess I should have stated, that's exactly what I'm doing.

classicrock1169, I hear what you're saying, I would have to kick my own ass if I ever inserted a disc into my Wii that had a paper label on it.
smile.gif

I have a Canon Pixma iP4300 printer (can be bought for less than $100 these days) which comes with a disc carriage, it allows me to print directly onto the disc using inkjet printable media. The result is stunning, full-color backup discs that look far better than the washed-out bland colors that my original discs use. The labels can never peel since there is no paper/glue involved, the surface of the disc is manufactured with inkjet printable materials, so it's not damaged by the ink.

So that's why I like to create labels for games that I can't find labels for... I like my collection to be consistent and also look nice. I could do up a tutorial some time if anyone is interested in creating their own labels using the Photoshop template, it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I can't believe the person who replied first didn't answer though about the player number.

Yes, it's 1 player game when adventuring, however while battling you can play with up to 4 people..

classicrock1169

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
platty said:
Or buy a printer thats prints straight to printable discs

I guess I should have stated, that's exactly what I'm doing.

classicrock1169, I hear what you're saying, I would have to kick my own ass if I ever inserted a disc into my Wii that had a paper label on it.
smile.gif

I have a Canon Pixma iP4300 printer (can be bought for less than $100 these days) which comes with a disc carriage, it allows me to print directly onto the disc using inkjet printable media. The result is stunning, full-color backup discs that look far better than the washed-out bland colors that my original discs use. The labels can never peel since there is no paper/glue involved, the surface of the disc is manufactured with inkjet printable materials, so it's not damaged by the ink.

So that's why I like to create labels for games that I can't find labels for... I like my collection to be consistent and also look nice. I could do up a tutorial some time if anyone is interested in creating their own labels using the Photoshop template, it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
Now you've just made me jealous.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI