Quick question - making a label

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dteyn, Nov 26, 2008.

Nov 26, 2008

Quick question - making a label by Dteyn at 4:44 AM (1,050 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Dteyn
    OP

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm making a label for the Tales of Symphonia 2 game, I haven't played it yet so I'm not sure on what icons to put on the label.

I'm assuming it's a single player game, so I'll put a '1' on the Wii controller icon... does it also use the Nunchuk?

Just want to confirm before I make the label.

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Yes. The game does make use of the nun-chuk.

3. Dteyn
    OP

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Here's the label I made if anyone is interested:

[​IMG]

I used the wiisc_disk.psd Photoshop template to make the CD, along with some artwork and the logo obtained from Google Images. I hope it's useful for someone, I also uploaded it to CDCovers.cc.

4. classicrock1169

Newcomer classicrock1169 Member

United States
    Just a suggestion
    DO NOT USE A LABEL.
    they can cause disk errors and cause your disks to eventually become useless. The glue on them can also help ruin you disk drive. My Solution. Just use a sharper or pens at radio shack which are made for the use to right on disks.

5. screamq3

Member screamq3 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    is that really true about the labels? i aint ever heard of that before

6. platty

Newcomer platty Member

United Kingdom
    Or buy a printer thats prints straight to printable discs

7. Dteyn
    OP

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I guess I should have stated, that's exactly what I'm doing.

classicrock1169, I hear what you're saying, I would have to kick my own ass if I ever inserted a disc into my Wii that had a paper label on it. [​IMG]

I have a Canon Pixma iP4300 printer (can be bought for less than $100 these days) which comes with a disc carriage, it allows me to print directly onto the disc using inkjet printable media. The result is stunning, full-color backup discs that look far better than the washed-out bland colors that my original discs use. The labels can never peel since there is no paper/glue involved, the surface of the disc is manufactured with inkjet printable materials, so it's not damaged by the ink.

So that's why I like to create labels for games that I can't find labels for... I like my collection to be consistent and also look nice. I could do up a tutorial some time if anyone is interested in creating their own labels using the Photoshop template, it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

8. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    I can't believe the person who replied first didn't answer though about the player number.

Yes, it's 1 player game when adventuring, however while battling you can play with up to 4 people..

9. classicrock1169

Newcomer classicrock1169 Member

United States
    Now you've just made me jealous. [​IMG]