Gaming Quick Pokemon Black/White question

neorez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 3DS when it came out, but I didn't find any interest in the 3DS titles, so I had bought Pokemon Black. I'm at the part now where I can just battle the Elite 4 again and battle the champion, etc. I have a question about the Poke Transfer Lab though.

I have an old DS with an EDGE flash cart. Would I be able to transfer pokemon over from that flash cart, since I have the other games on it? Or is there some kind of piracy thing built in and it wont detect the flash cart? Or will it end up messing up my game?

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
neorez said:
I bought a 3DS when it came out, but I didn't find any interest in the 3DS titles, so I had bought Pokemon Black. I'm at the part now where I can just battle the Elite 4 again and battle the champion, etc. I have a question about the Poke Transfer Lab though.

I have an old DS with an EDGE flash cart. Would I be able to transfer pokemon over from that flash cart, since I have the other games on it? Or is there some kind of piracy thing built in and it wont detect the flash cart? Or will it end up messing up my game?
You can't get the pokemon from your flashcart because they use ds download play to transfer the pokemon(you need the real game of D/P/P/HG/SS to transfer any pokemon)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought download play still worked on flashcarts? Or was that only for flashed systems? Either way, it couldn't hurt to try it, worst that could happen is that nothing gets detected.

neorez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work, but I do have another question.

Since you can go to someone else's game via the entralink, could I do that on my flash cart with pokemon white while playing pokemon black on my 3DS? Or will it detect the flash card?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
neorez said:

If you are well known to PokeGen and .pkm files then it will be simple
Just run the .pkm file from any 4th gen pokemon game in this converter
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...71-Pok-Transfer
And then simply use pokegen to inject the .pkm file int to the B/W game.
If not then check out this guide
http://gbatemp.net/t289256-pokegen-un-official-tutorial
Read the Downloading PokeGen part and Using Pokégen to transfer old pokemon to Black and White part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool