• Likes 6

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sadly about a year out of date with the Wii homebrew scene
frown.gif
still using USB Loader GX and my trusty drive...

Question: was any advancement ever made with getting GC backups to run off of a hard drive? If not, what's the state of GameCube backups? My two questions would be:

A: can I rip/backup my existing GC games, and if so, how?
B: can I burn 5-6 GC backups to a dual layer DVD?

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm also out of date with the current scene.

My Wii was updated to 4.2U, and modded. It's also been sitting without much use, other than emulators, movies, and the occasional Brawl match.
I'm interested in playing Other M, Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, and whatever else. All of these will be booted from my external HDD, and I want to know what I need to run them.

I thought I saw a program to update IOS's and junk, which may have helped me out, but I have no idea what it was.

Halp?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scathraax said:
I'm also out of date with the current scene.

My Wii was updated to 4.2U, and modded. It's also been sitting without much use, other than emulators, movies, and the occasional Brawl match.
I'm interested in playing Other M, Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, and whatever else. All of these will be booted from my external HDD, and I want to know what I need to run them.

I thought I saw a program to update IOS's and junk, which may have helped me out, but I have no idea what it was.

Halp?

Use the latest CFG-Loader with cIOSX rev 20 base 56.

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NeoGamma R8 isn't running newer games in full color (they're somewhat greyscale + some red stuff).
How to solve this? :V

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maav said:
NeoGamma R8 isn't running newer games in full color (they're somewhat greyscale + some red stuff).
How to solve this? :V
You have to force the video output to your region under the options, NTSC for America/Japan Pal for Europe

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway i can use rock band mic with neo gamma? when i try to selcet a song with my wiimote with a mic pluged in it won't let me through.

mikeabbo

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, really need help
i have 2 partitions on my 1Tb hardrive, can run backups through usbloader gx fine when i format one partition into wbfs format with wbfs manager 3.0 making that whole partition just for games. i wish to use the other partition for cheat files and other various things you do with hardrives.
when loading usb loader up and sellecting my file location it gives me access to my cheat files when that partition is the main partition but no games, and when i have the game partition as the main one (as you normally do) the cheat files are unable to load up.

thanx =]

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeabbo said:
hi, really need help
i have 2 partitions on my 1Tb hardrive, can run backups through usbloader gx fine when i format one partition into wbfs format with wbfs manager 3.0 making that whole partition just for games. i wish to use the other partition for cheat files and other various things you do with hardrives.
when loading usb loader up and sellecting my file location it gives me access to my cheat files when that partition is the main partition but no games, and when i have the game partition as the main one (as you normally do) the cheat files are unable to load up.

thanx =]
You can use cheat files off of the SD card, which should be easier than dealing with the multiple partitions.

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get something to play backups on my Wii and I'm kind of overwhelmed.

I was looking at these items:

DriveKey Nintendo Wii Mod Chip - No Solder Modchip
Wode Jukebox Wii Modchip (expensive!)
Wiikey Fusion Wii Mod Chip
Wasabi DX Wii ModChip - No Solder Universal Mod Chip for ALL Wii Consoles

Basically I'm looking for what is easiest to us with minimal messing around / least likely to accidentally destroy something
smile.gif

Or is there something I didn't list above that I should be doing?

Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks very much!

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MBison said:
I'm looking to get something to play backups on my Wii and I'm kind of overwhelmed.

I was looking at these items:

DriveKey Nintendo Wii Mod Chip - No Solder Modchip
Wode Jukebox Wii Modchip (expensive!)
Wiikey Fusion Wii Mod Chip
Wasabi DX Wii ModChip - No Solder Universal Mod Chip for ALL Wii Consoles

Basically I'm looking for what is easiest to us with minimal messing around / least likely to accidentally destroy something
smile.gif

Or is there something I didn't list above that I should be doing?

Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks very much!
Just follow this guide. No modchips needed. Unless you want one, but softmodding has a lot more features than hardmodding.

tnothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I use a USB HUB before the external HD? I 've got only 1 working port and it sucks not being able to plug stuff like mics, keyboard etc.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tnothing said:
Can I use a USB HUB before the external HD? I 've got only 1 working port and it sucks not being able to plug stuff like mics, keyboard etc.
Yes, but not all hubs are compatible. So there's no guarantee that it'll work, but it's still worth a shot if you got both.

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a HDD today.

What format should I use for transferring games to my HDD drive? In Wii Backup Manager it says WBFS, CISO ISO, which works fastest for loading games :3?

I just tried it with Wii Backup Manager and it made my file be WBFS, but if ISOs or something like that (I dunno) work fine then I'd rather use that I think :3

thatone313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok upgraded to 4.3 sucessfully and using usb loader to play from external drive. However i cant play def jam rapstar since it uses the same usb port and the ext drive. Ive tried burning the game to a disk using imgburn at 1X on a dvd-r (memorex) with no success. I keep getting a disk read error from neogamma (1102). What am I doing wrong?

thatone313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
tnothing said:
Yes, but not all hubs are compatible. So there's no guarantee that it'll work, but it's still worth a shot if you got both.

Ive got the same issue, is there a list of hubs that will work, I've tried 3 different ones and none work so far.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wanted to know which loaders are compatible with kirby's epic yarn so far, game released yesterday or today.

thanks!

dvd based that is

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same as the guy above me, except that getting it working with cfg-loader. Whats ios? cios? exact instructions on how/where to find all needed files would be greatly appreciated.

djDougs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TrainerAbu said:
I just got a HDD today.

What format should I use for transferring games to my HDD drive?
format extHDD to FAT32 (if it aint already), and delete all the crap from factory on it (ie backup progs). Copy all the contents of folder 'copy-to-usb' onto the root of new drive.
Plug into Wii (USB nearest side of machine), turn on Wii, load up Config usb Loader, press '+' on control, insert original game, wait... press A, off it goes! (takes about 10-20 mins, depending on size of game)

Can someone tell me how to get the covers on? i dont want/have internet at home/wii, so can i just d/l covers
and put the '?.pic' file into the appropriate folder???
unsure.gif

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djDougs said:
TrainerAbu said:
I just got a HDD today.

What format should I use for transferring games to my HDD drive?
format extHDD to FAT32 (if it aint already), and delete all the crap from factory on it (ie backup progs). Copy all the contents of folder 'copy-to-usb' onto the root of new drive.
Plug into Wii (USB nearest side of machine), turn on Wii, load up Config usb Loader, press '+' on control, insert original game, wait... press A, off it goes! (takes about 10-20 mins, depending on size of game)

Can someone tell me how to get the covers on? i dont want/have internet at home/wii, so can i just d/l covers
and put the '?.pic' file into the appropriate folder???
unsure.gif

You can use WiiTDB to get the covers manually.

By default the front covers are saved in sd:\\usb-loader\covers the full cover (front and back) in sd:\\usb-loader\covers\full 3D covers in sd:\\usb-loader\covers\3d and discs in sd:\\usb-loader\covers\disc for the discs you can use either picture, the custom one, or the scan.

Use the same file name WiiTDB has for the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!