• Views 512,816
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

efearon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i just had a problem with dumping/installing wii games with usb loader gx.

I have a 3.3E wii with wiikey, and ive installed cIOS38 r17 and have r899 (the latest Im pretty sure). Im using a WD Essentials 640GB HDD.

Any way after a lot of mucking around i finally got my back ups working and running, but when i try to install a disc it say there is not enough space - 0.00GB in fact (there is about 500GB free). Is this because my HDD is NTFS? - ive done a search but i havent seen anything that says you cant dump to these drive.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
smile.gif

P.S - I hope this is posted in the right area, I thought it was probably noob enough
biggrin.gif

warthogism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to have everything run off of the usb hd?

my plan is to install cfg usb loader, then priiloader so that when i boot up the wii, it will go straight there. As it stands, though, it looks like priiloader just points to file which it loads off of the sd? I currently just have backups of my physical disks, but I also want to be able to run any wiiware i've purchased (sbcg4ap!). is this possible?

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am
COMPLETELY new
to USB loading and the sort.

What do you think is the best way to format my HDD?
I have a 500GB WD Elements.
I was thinking about 300GB for Games, 200GB for et cetera stuff.

Is it possible to keep it all NTFS?
Or would I have to make the game side WBFS?

I load by disc and usb, so NeoGamma would be the best right?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
user0002 said:
Do Gamecube backups work on minidvds?

It should, though I advise you not to try, because when I tried it, the minidvd got jammed in my wii

efearon said:
hey guys i just had a problem with dumping/installing wii games with usb loader gx.

I have a 3.3E wii with wiikey, and ive installed cIOS38 r17 and have r899 (the latest Im pretty sure). Im using a WD Essentials 640GB HDD.

Any way after a lot of mucking around i finally got my back ups working and running, but when i try to install a disc it say there is not enough space - 0.00GB in fact (there is about 500GB free). Is this because my HDD is NTFS? - ive done a search but i havent seen anything that says you cant dump to these drive.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
smile.gif

P.S - I hope this is posted in the right area, I thought it was probably noob enough
biggrin.gif

Install it using what?

warthogism said:
is there a way to have everything run off of the usb hd?

my plan is to install cfg usb loader, then priiloader so that when i boot up the wii, it will go straight there. As it stands, though, it looks like priiloader just points to file which it loads off of the sd? I currently just have backups of my physical disks, but I also want to be able to run any wiiware i've purchased (sbcg4ap!). is this possible?
Search for triiforce

QUOTE(wimu @ Jan 23 2010, 03:05 PM) What is the deal with LU11 Wii, i thought it was an old serious, i cant play with backup in DVD?

What happens when you try?
QUOTE(fgsfdsyo @ Jan 23 2010, 05:54 PM)
I am
COMPLETELY new
to USB loading and the sort.

What do you think is the best way to format my HDD?
I have a 500GB WD Elements.
I was thinking about 300GB for Games, 200GB for et cetera stuff.

Is it possible to keep it all NTFS?
Or would I have to make the game side WBFS?

I load by disc and usb, so NeoGamma would be the best right?
I'd say use Neogamma if you want to format your HD, otherwise use Neogamma only for disc loading and use CFG USB Loader for USB loading from an NTFS Partition.

ZachityZach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm trying to load a .wbfs ISO off of a FAT SD card, and while I've installed the hermes cIOS like the guides all describe, but when I load up NeoGAMMA, it still says I'm running on IOS249 and won't load any games. How do I switch the IOS once I have it installed?

EDIT: now I see why you don't skip steps
bow.gif
my bad

kingkonghong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i change DVD+R's to DVD-R's? The brand is mashita.

Ive been trying to burn tales of symphonia to my DVD+R and play on NeoGamma, but I get error 1051. Any help?

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my COD:Reflex to work on my bannerbombed NTSC J Wii. I've tried using Neogamma and Softchip loader. All I get is black screens after I try loading the game. Any easy fixes?

kalantiaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! My first post after registering earlier. Have tons of semi-noob questions so please bear with me.

History: Got my sisters Wii (Homebrew channel already installed, also some WAD games) from the U.S. Read before that this loads of possibilities so I tried it. Went to utube and followed SonicADXs vid to play games off a flashdrive using Coverfloader. All went well up to now, got some games working, installed some game WADs including IOSs for one to help run it, 37, 38, 53 and 55, I believe. Also got NSMB to work with a few adjustments off Coverfloader.

Questions: I want to know what else do I need in terms of updates? (sorry failed to mentioned that my version is 3.2U). Do I wanna update to 4.1 and how, etc? But most importantly, I don't wanna dumb-brick my Wii and I've read here that I'd have to have bootmii installed to prevent that, what are the steps to do so?

Sorry for all these questions. Busy father who doesn't wanna back-read and miss some vital info and gets his wii bricked here.

Thanks for a great site and for your future comments and suggestions.
laugh.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
popoffka said:
1. How can I dump my game DVD's?
are they rips? if so, use your computer and wii backup manager for windows
if they are retail disks, use configurable usb loader (have a fat32 or wbfs formatted hard drive plugged into the wii) and install the game
if they're retail gamecube disks, use super dump

2. Will full(read&write) NTFS support be implemented ever?
probably, just wait

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Help, I am using wiikey latest firmware and using 3.2E firmware on my wii. Every game I loaded so far have worked with gecko OS or Neogamma.

I have no tried the latest neogamma and geckoOS without success. In Gecko OS, it loads then say I should insert NMH2 disc. Never works. In Neogamma the screen just go green when i load it.

What could be the problem? That the ISO is already scrubbed? Is there any other release of NMH2 anywhere?

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a Wiiware game from the internet (.wad file).
How do I play it with my Wii ? Install it using WAD Manager and play ? or do i have to install some more IOS ?

My Wii configuration : 4.2U, Priiloader v0.3, cIOS rev17, Truncha patched ...

kalantiaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icyrainz said:
Install it using WAD Manager and play ? or do i have to install some more IOS ?

My Wii configuration : 4.2U, Priiloader v0.3, cIOS rev17, Truncha patched ...

Yes, you install it through a WAD Manager. If it plays, then you're set. If it doesn't (i.e. goes back to the channel screen or resets the wii) then you look for the IOSs needed to play that game. Search here for fast results or Google it.

Hope this helps!

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble getting NeoGamma/GCN Backup loader to read discs. Burning memorex DVD-R with imgburn at 2x with verify toggled off.
I've tried with three discs now, one a multi-boot and the other two are just regular games. NeoGamma's giving me an error -1051 and Backup Loader is saying there's no DVD.

I used mios patcher with v8 and gcnbackup + wiibackup along with IOS38r17.

Wii's version's 4.1 and it's LU61, loads via USB just fine.

How do I fix this?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Viteh said:
can I use any dvdr drive to make backups, or do I need a special brand, like LG?
You use a DVD duper to dump a Wii game to an SD Card directly to the Wii, or use Waninkoko's dumper to send it to your computer via Wi-Fi

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Does anyone know what it means when the Wii drive just continuously flashes when trying to load a game in CFG Loader? (Tatsunoko vs Capcom All-stars).

Should mention I'm loading from an SD Card (formatted FAT32)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol here we go again.