• Likes 6

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostreverie said:
Do I need 4.1 to run wii sports resort? I understand the rest of the stuff I have to do. Do any other games require a version update?

Yes, you need 4.1. You can use Waninkoko's 4.1 Updater to get it.

Alright, my own newbie questions:

I'm assuming you need to change games/make games region free to play them on NeoGamma, right? What's the best, easiest program for doing so then? I'm mainly looking for PAL to NTSC. I looked at the article on the Wiki here but, being the dumbass I am, can't wrap my head around it.

Second, is ImgBurn the best option to burn Wii isos to a DVD? It's either that or MagicISO, but I heard everyone uses ImgBurn.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm assuming you need to change games/make games region free to play them on NeoGamma, right? What's the best, easiest program for doing so then? I'm mainly looking for PAL to NTSC. I looked at the article on the Wiki here but, being the dumbass I am, can't wrap my head around it.

Second, is ImgBurn the best option to burn Wii isos to a DVD? It's either that or MagicISO, but I heard everyone uses ImgBurn.

No you don't, Neogamma has options to force Video Mode etc and don't forget your preloader hacks (if you have preoloader that is) to skip disc updates if you want to. Imgburn is a bit old school now, there are various options for burning but I use Nero at 8x with no problems. Just stick to DVD-Rs, +Rs will give you problems/error codes (in my experience).

dupowdis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Metroid Prime Trilogy ISO, burnt it to a Verbatim DVD+R at x2.4
I put it in Backup Launcher .3 Via Hombrew channel while running IOS249 and I get an error 349.
Does the error have to do with the game being Dual Layered, or perhaps maybe my cios revision?
And how do I fix it?

Thanks alot,
-dupowdis

1st Time

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have an original Pal launch model wii with the original wiinja modchip installed. I rushed into updating to the latest firmware last night via official internet update (think it's 4.1) thinking it would solve my Metroid Prime Trilogy loading problems.

Now the disc channel will not load any backups. I luckily have the HBC installed upto the latest update - however this is all I have installed. I have a few Gecko loaders on my SD card but it still will not load MPT.

Is there a way for me to load MPT? also is there a way for me to fix my backup problems on the main disc channel?

Thanks for any help provided

sl33py

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue installing cIOS 222. I have HBC, 249r14 USB Loader GX and have been running for a while.
When I load HBC and try to install the Hermes 222 rev3

Start with 249
Select 222
Select 37 merge 36

It initializes the network then comes back with a failed 116 saying it could not allocate buffer ....
failed to aquire IOS36 no such file or directory

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated?

thegamesnurd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What DVD should be used? Currently I have
Verbatim DVD+R DL (I know how to use DVD+R)
Verbatim Digital movie DVD-R
Fujifilm DVD-R

I've tried all of them. My wii loader says "DVD error" and some overlapping text I can't read.
What speed should I burn at?
I have Nero and imgburn
And can I ask if verbatim digital movie DVD-R do anything special?

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently preparing an external harddrive for usage with an USB Loader. Would you recommend I create a FAT32 partition in addition to the WBFS partition? If so, then why? What is it good for?

Thanks in advance!

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yakomo said:
I am currently preparing an external harddrive for usage with an USB Loader. Would you recommend I create a FAT32 partition in addition to the WBFS partition? If so, then why? What is it good for?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah its recommended to make 2 partions the first FAT32 and the second WBFS if you want to use hd for watching movies or using it with other homebrews since WBFS can only be used by usbloaders

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the fast reply!! I will make a 50GB FAT32 partition then. I don't plan on putting movies on it and 50GB should be more than enough for all homebrew purposes, shouldn't it?

DarkDragonFX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
HeyHey! I have a Wii with a WasabiDX inside. How to proceed now to softmod it and get the loaders? I´ve got 4.0E firmware.
Thx for your help!

sl33py

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sl33py said:
Having an issue installing cIOS 222. I have HBC, 249r14 USB Loader GX and have been running for a while.

Start with 249
Select 222
Select 37 merge 36

It initializes the network then comes back with a failed 116 saying it could not allocate buffer ....

I finally got this installed but had to do it manually using the NUS downloader and copying the files to the SD card.
Is the network version not working? Anyone else experience this?

The directions for the manual install were for rev 4 and have you download the updates for 37, 38, and 60 all at the
latest versions. However when I first tried I wanted to do rev 3 with the 36 merge 37 for 222. It failed becuase I
think it was unable to pull the files from the network but it did create a directory for 36 but for v1042. If I want to
do this manually should I download that version for 36 or just use the latest (v3094)?

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Me again lol. I have Uloader and I am ripping one of my games to my hard drive..and it is taking a LONG time....wayyyyyyy to long..like 2 hours long. Will it hurt anything if I just turn my wii off? I know I won't get the game....but it's just not worth it!

Another question. Why did it only take like 3 min a game with USB Loader GX and it takes like 30 min with U Loader?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkDragonFX said:
HeyHey! I have a Wii with a WasabiDX inside. How to proceed now to softmod it and get the loaders? I´ve got 4.0E firmware.
Thx for your help!
You can start like everyone else
By following xzxeros guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
Update to 4.1 if you can

sl33py said:
sl33py said:

Start with 249
Select 222
Select 37 merge 36

I finally got this installed but had to do it manually using the NUS downloader and copying the files to the SD card.
Is the network version not working? Anyone else experience this?

The directions for the manual install were for rev 4 and have you download the updates for 37, 38, and 60 all at the
latest versions. However when I first tried I wanted to do rev 3 with the 36 merge 37 for 222. It failed becuase I
think it was unable to pull the files from the network but it did create a directory for 36 but for v1042. If I want to
do this manually should I download that version for 36 or just use the latest (v3094)?
You can get all files needed from NUS
Always get the latest versions
I think the network install gets them from NUS too.

QUOTE(JuggaletteENJ @ Sep 6 2009, 03:11 AM)
Hey all. Me again lol. I have Uloader and I am ripping one of my games to my hard drive..and it is taking a LONG time....wayyyyyyy to long..like 2 hours long. Will it hurt anything if I just turn my wii off? I know I won't get the game....but it's just not worth it!

Another question. Why did it only take like 3 min a game with USB Loader GX and it takes like 30 min with U Loader?
2 hours is WAY too long for a game
Is the ULoader the latest version? I never used ULoader, but 2H seems a bit too long for me.
You can turn off your wii at any time. The final step of the ripping is to make the game active. So if you stop the process, the (partial) data is there but its marked as unused space.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am a noobie to burning disks. I have in my posession a torrented wii game (COD:WAW) I have several files, of which I have several .rar files, in which are isos, and I have about 30 rar files, then I have .r"X" files (Replace "X" with 30-91) and I have tried unraring an iso, and it has a filesize of 4.37 gb. when I tried to burn to my DVD-R with windows explorer it does not even take up as much disk space as it should, and does not work with neogamma. I am wondering how to get it to work :/

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sterl500 said:
Ok I am a noobie to burning disks. I have in my posession a torrented wii game (COD:WAW) I have several files, of which I have several .rar files, in which are isos, and I have about 30 rar files, then I have .r"X" files (Replace "X" with 30-91) and I have tried unraring an iso, and it has a filesize of 4.37 gb. when I tried to burn to my DVD-R with windows explorer it does not even take up as much disk space as it should, and does not work with neogamma. I am wondering how to get it to work :/
You can't just burn the file
You have to use software like IMGBurn to write an image file (iso) to disc

sl33py

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool

Thanks for the feedback on the NUS stuff.
grog.gif

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could anyone give a really quick answer or direction to what someone who is truly, completely new to USB loaders? I've been looking over all the stickies but I can't understand more than half of whats being said, and its a total overload of information. too many different loaders, and not enough explaining on how to actually set them up, or even convert games to the wbfs format, is there a program for that?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I burned the games to a disk using image, and it still looks like it isnt taking up most of the disk space like it should. Though this question is about getting neo gamma to work. It says when it starts up that I don't have the latest cIOS revision (14) and when I start my burned disk, it gives back a disk read error (1101 I think is what it is.) then I got the program to install the new revision, and removed all gamecube and usb hardware, and it gives me an -1 error
frown.gif

So can someone help me with this?

CyrusTD

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would be very happy if someone could help me with this.

When I run a game through a backuplauncher with ocarina on, it won't load the game. My wii is 3.2E, and I have IOS 249 (rev 14). I tried it on Backup Loader Neogamma R7 and Backup launcher gamma 0,3. I tried it with both a (legal) PAL brawl disc, and a burned NTSC brawl disc. Both work perfectly with ocarina off. But when I put ocarina on, it tells me SD codes are found and it's applying them. Then it either gets stuck on that screen (backup launcher gamma 0,3) or the screen becomes green and stays green until I turn off my wii or TV (neogamma R7). The codes on the SD are perfectly fine, I'm 100% sure about that, since when I use the same SD on someone elses wii it works fine. I tried changing the hook type but it didn't work.

Also, if it matters, I tried running the cheats through GeckoOS too, and that didn't work either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock