tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Debaser0x said:
Man thanks so much for all your help! I think this is my last question... If I have Wad Manager 1.4 installed can i select between different revisions of cIOS36 or if I install rev9 is that the only one I can use?

Until I get a bigger external I just wanna keep using gamma backup loader and hold off on updating to a new revision so I don't mess something up.
All newer IOS overwrite older so if you install rev9 it will be the only IOS249 you can choose (long story, cIOS36 installs on the place of IOS249). If you installed a IOS36 wad (or if you got it some other way) you can choose IOS36. But IOS249 will do fine
smile.gif

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't want to ask, but there's no other place to do so..

Yes, I've searched Google (well, only used 2 words to search; no solutions found, I'll bold them)

You see, I've been using some WBFS-related applications (tried WBFS GUI first, installed & tried WBFS Manager 3.0.1 today), and I seem to have problems getting Brawl's ISO to get extracted completely.

Even though both of them show that it got ripped successfully, if I try to check its true size, it's barely 2-3GB or so. That's missing about 3-4 GB! Just to check, I tried Wiiscrubber (1.4). Glitches up and gives me errors when I try to load Brawl. Other games work fine with it.

Anyone got a solution? Like I said, I'm currently using WBFS Manager 3.0.1. And the ISO in the HDD works correctly with USB Loaders; I've tried some Brawl+ matches and they were perfect. I only have problems extracting the ISO. Thanks.
happy.gif

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem getting the USB Loader (using CoverFloader) to recognize the partition I formatted with WBFS Manager 3.0.1.

At first I formatted the partition (100GB on a 1TB Western Digital MyBook) using USB Loader but WBFS couldn't see it so I formatted the partition using Partition Magic to FAT32 with drive letter "W". I then got WBFS to see the partition and successfully format it to WBFS. I loaded two games onto with WBFS and "Safely" removed it from the computer.

However, when I plug the HDD into the Wii it says "USB ERROR - No WBFS Partition".

From what I experienced trying to get it running earlier it basically is either:

A. Use the drive but rip all games via disks (retail or burned) or

B. Be able to put games on the partition via WBFS Manager but then the Wii can't see them.
wacko.gif

Thanks for any help on this matter!
smile.gif

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have all the gamma cIOS and IOS installed do i need to uninstall them for USB loader? or should I just install all the USB loader stuff normally?

would there ever be any conflict?

Lemeshianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend just got a wii. Probably with update 4.0.
They would like to be able to boot backups so they've asked me to help.
Now I have a chip on my wii and I have installed a gamma loader on a 3.2(didn't need to downgrade it)

My other friend most likely will want to load dvd backups.

I'm a little lost at what should be installed and what not, what method should be followed and what the risks. I've also seen some topics regarding specific models of hard disks and partitions with specific filesystem.
So can I ask for a little update on what's going on?
1)There are a few Gamma loaders with patches. What are those about?
2)Is Gamma loader compatible with update 4.0? Is there a tutorial for the installation on a version 4.0?
3)USB/DVD/SD? what is going on? Which loader do you recomment? And again is there a tutorial for the installation?
4)Bricking: I've read a couple of topic about pre-loader. Does pre-loader just check if the game you are loading has an update for a different region?
5)GeckOS is used to install IOS from game disks so you won't have to update your console?
6)BrickMii: Is it really that important and usefull?
7)Some people comment negative about the banner exploit, that they end up with bricks? How true is this? Is the banner exploit safe?

Reimer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I've got a problem. I've got IOS36 installed on my 3.2E Wii. My HDD (Lacie USB2.0 250GB) has got one partition for Wii(25GB) and another partition(225GB) for other stuff. The USBLoader starts fine but when I'm trying to mount the HDD I get an error (ret= -6).

What am I doing wrong?

bodybreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey there all, i've succesfully installed mutiple USB loaders but whenever i try to run a game it gets stuck on the initial loading screen -- eg. in Metroid Prime it tells me that i need to insert the disc, or in house of the dead: overkill it stick me with the intitial black loading screen after the safety precautions. i have a seagate go 250gb, and i have disabled the spindown through the manager included with the drive.
any tips?

edit: i just read somewhere that some games require a disc in the drive to play -- tried that, and it took me a step further for metroid. now the game loads past the safety precautions and stops loading at the "metroid prime 3: corruption..." loading screen.
uuuuuurhhh.

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
judgedee said:
i have all the gamma cIOS and IOS installed do i need to uninstall them for USB loader? or should I just install all the USB loader stuff normally?

would there ever be any conflict?
I had those same cIOS and IOS files and the loader worked fine for me until I updated to 4.0, I haven't tried the Gamma loader since then.

My only problem has been with the USB loader not noticing the WBFS Manager created partition.

Lemeshianos said:
A friend just got a wii. Probably with update 4.0.
They would like to be able to boot backups so they've asked me to help.
Now I have a chip on my wii and I have installed a gamma loader on a 3.2(didn't need to downgrade it)
AFAIK, as long as your friends Wii isn't an LU64+ serial it should be fine. I believe you have to downgrade it to 3.2U before re-upgrading it to 4.0 with Waninkoko's installer. If your friend's Wii is a LU64+ (serial number) Wii than I believe he is out of luck for the mean time.

Lemeshianos said:
My other friend most likely will want to load dvd backups.

I'm a little lost at what should be installed and what not, what method should be followed and what the risks. I've also seen some topics regarding specific models of hard disks and partitions with specific filesystem.
So can I ask for a little update on what's going on?
1)There are a few Gamma loaders with patches. What are those about?
2)Is Gamma loader compatible with update 4.0? Is there a tutorial for the installation on a version 4.0?
3)USB/DVD/SD? what is going on? Which loader do you recomment? And again is there a tutorial for the installation?
4)Bricking: I've read a couple of topic about pre-loader. Does pre-loader just check if the game you are loading has an update for a different region?
5)GeckOS is used to install IOS from game disks so you won't have to update your console?
6)BrickMii: Is it really that important and usefull?
7)Some people comment negative about the banner exploit, that they end up with bricks? How true is this? Is the banner exploit safe?
1) The patches help with 002 errors which makes it so Gamma can read newer games.

2) I am not sure about that, I have a Waninkoko 4.0 Wii but haven't used Gamma since I am trying to get the USB loader to work.

3) If you can get it to work I would recommend the USB/SD Loader. With it you can load games off a USB drive (Hard drive, USB stick etc.) which makes it so you don't have to burn DVDs any longer, the games load faster and your Wii should run cooler as a result of not constantly reading a DVD.

4) Pre-loader is a program that starts up before the "health" screen on the Wii. With it you can prevent the Wii from updating (and possibly bricking) itself via an on-disk update.

5 and 6) I'm not sure on these

7) I haven't tried the banner exploit, while its possible to brick your Wii with any exploit the banner exploit is probably pretty safe. Just find a guide here on GBATemp and follow it carefully.

QUOTE(Kooper113 @ Jun 9 2009, 08:43 AM)
I've got a small curious question... Do you think that we'll ever have the ability to load via LAN? Perhaps from a NAS?
Possibly in the future but I don't know for sure. If there is enough support for a LAN loader than someone will work on creating one.

rockhead262

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked but, can you play VC games through the usb hdd?

I am sick of running out of space, and I am using my SD card right now to hold all my mod stuff.

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably been asked for thousands of times but I can't find it.

What should I use if I want to run NTSC games on my PAL wii?

I know Starfall is only working up to 3.2, is there anything else?

Thanks,
Amarok

spank127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question....

I am using usb loader v7.4, when I press 1 to download boxart I get an error that says error saving settings .cfg
I don't know what that means so I tried to download the covers online, and added them to the image folder and they still won't load. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong or help me out?

Thanks.....

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question: Metroid prime gives me a japanese screen and thats it. both cioscorp and gamma do this. how can i fix it/

Yeoman78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amarok said:
Probably been asked for thousands of times but I can't find it.

What should I use if I want to run NTSC games on my PAL wii?

I know Starfall is only working up to 3.2, is there anything else?

Thanks,
Amarok

Bannerbomb + cIOSver10 + USBLoaderGX lets me play an NTSC backup on my PAL Wii with no problems.

liljohnnydoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please note: I am a beginner at this.

Ok, here is what I have done:

1. I have upgraded my System Menu to version 4.0

2. Following this instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/S9RV0FWFN4H8OED/
I have installed cIOS36 Rev7. This means that I have also installed Homebrew Channel using Bannerbomb exploit.

3. Following the same instructable I have got to the point where I got the Error ret-2011 which a lot of other people got:
" tried to install the 04-BackupLauncher0.3g+_249-NeoRame.rar like instructed below.I get a installing ticket...ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

4. After that everything went down the drain. I have tried to follow this instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/SQHX9S3FUNOXOKE/
with both versions (offline and online), but I kept getting the -2011 error.

5. I have tried to follow other tutorials out there but I did not get any further because of different errors.

Now I do not know what version of cIOS I have installed on my Wii.I have tried to update again my System Menu 4.0 in case I have messed up
anything but my Wii says that I already have the latest version installed.

So my questions are:

1. How do I know what version of the Files I have and whether I have messed up my System Menu ?

2. Since the aim of this entire thing is to play backup games, how do I fix this and how do I get my Wii to play the backup games, from backup
DVDs (I've seen that it might be possible to play them from USB devices, I am not interested in that right now). Also, I do not want to install
any other homebrew applications (like DVD players or video players)

3. If in the process I have to downgrade my System Menu, what are the exact steps to do that?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope someone will be able to help me make things work !

Sergei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I formatted my external hard drive with the wii but now windows won't read it. Is there anyway to format it back to FAT?

Thanks.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sergei said:
Hi, I formatted my external hard drive with the wii but now windows won't read it. Is there anyway to format it back to FAT?

Thanks.

Windows cannot read read WBFS partitions so if you want to format it back to FAT (and lose the ability to put wii games on it), you need to go into windows partition manager and format it. On Vista/7 go into the start menu, right click "computer" and select 'manage'. On the left, under 'storage' you will find 'disk manager'. From there you can format any drive. I do not know how to do this on XP anymore, so google it.

Dumont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help. My NTSC copy of No More Heroes displays a blank screen after the opening credits and I can't return back to the Wii Menu. Btw, I am using USB Loader GX to load it. I tried playing with the settings a little but it's still the same.

icantsleep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: OK I continued reading into it and I found that I can indeed transfer games back and forth from a formatted USB drive using WBSF Manager.

Original post below for posterity.
QUOTE said:
I was thinking about setting up the USB Loader on an 8GB USB drive. Since 8GB isn't that much space, I was wondering if its possible to rip the game with the USB Loader and then, once the USB Drive starts to fill up, transfer some of my less used games from the USB Drive to my computer for storage (using WBSF Manager i believe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: is the "syrup" sticky piss or cum?