• Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Guess I was one of the lucky ones to have a first gen Wii at the time. Anyhow, Can I load from ISO, or am I forced to format to WBFS?
You can either use WBFS files or ISOs. If you want to use ISOs, then you'll have to store them on a NTFS or EXT2/3/4 partition. If you want to use the drive for homebrew, make sure you have a FAT32 partition first then your partition for your Wii ISOs.

For just a FAT32 partition or if you want to save a bit of space, you can convert (and split) the ISOs into WBFS files.

StrikerMan780

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright. Any naming convention or specific folder/location I need to put my ISOs? I wish to keep them as ISOs instead of WBFS files so I can use them with Dolphin on occasion.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Any naming convention or specific folder/location I need to put my ISOs? I wish to keep them as ISOs instead of WBFS files so I can use them with Dolphin on occasion.

"/wbfs/Game title [TitleID]/TitleID.iso" will be compatible with any Wii USB loader.

example: "/wbfs/Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]/RSBE01.iso"

If you use Wii Backup Manager to copy them to your Wii drive as WBFS it will automatically name them and put them in the right path. If you're copying them manually it's the same format but with ".wbfs" as the extension and ".wbf1" if the game is >4GB and is split into two files.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: It should be something like /wbfs/anythingyouwanthere[GameID].iso. The more in depth answer is in the OP of the USB Loader GX thread.

sorewinner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NTSC WII with 4.1U, DVD-+R capable DMS drive with POT lowered to 600 Ohms, DarkCorp 1.1, Region-free hack via Priiloader 0.8. System will load all NTSC backups from disc channel, EXCEPT any PAL games, which have to be loaded via NeoGamma. Since the games work via NeoGamma, it's not a drive issue. Neither is it an IOS issue, since all IOS are latest. I've tried forcing disc channel to run under 249 via Priiloader, but nothing changes. Drive spins up, reads, and stops disc. Like I said, Neogamma has no issue loading disc. Is there some explanation for this?

EDIT: Solved. Priiloader's region-free patch does not seem to work on 4.1. Used the region-free patches in StartPatch 4.1, and all regions' games now load from disc channel. So, the correct procedure is to first install and run StartPatch for your firmware and region, which will not work if Priiloader is installed. Also, StartPatch will only work if IOS 249 has d2x using IOS 38 as a base. After patches are applied, you can reinstall Priiloader, for its brick protection, but do not apply any of its system menu patches that are already applied via StartPatch.

Last edited by sorewinner,

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
The answer im afraid is no. All the USB Loaders use this filesystem.
WBFS has no use outside of running backups on the Wii so I guess its benefits are pretty limited.
If your concerned that you don't want to use up an entire hard drive for a WBFS filesystem that isn't supported elsewhere, then I suggest you create a partition on your drive.

By doing this you could potentially have 50% of your drive ready to boot isos with the USBLoader (a WBFS parition) and the other 50% for other stuff such as movies and junk (a NTFS or FAT32 partition). This is how I'm using my HDD.

If you need help doing this let me know and I'll try and help you out.
as this is the newbie section, than I might as well ask. doesn't cfg usb loader have the ability to use FAT32? I didn't format my sd card that was FAT32 and it worked fine.

D

Deleted-390210

Thanks.
Please advise best WAD manager and best location for up to date version.
I am trying to use YAWMM rev5e but it crashes with an exception (DSI) and a dump of machine code.

salserpico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have already written this request in another topic but maybe it was the wrong section.

For unknown reasons my Corsair Flash Voyager 32GB USB Flash Drive can't be read anymore by the vWii. I tested another random usb drive (I don't even know its brand) and everything works fine. Is there anything I could try to recover the lost functionality? How can this even happen? I already tested the iOS 249, 250 and 251 in USB Loader GX.

PrincessZelda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I soft modded the wii, I think I have everything there, all my channels show up in Home Brew. I used the Wii Back Manager to transfer the wii iso games to the hard drive which is formatted to Fat32. The SNES roms show up, the wii games show up, but none of the gamecube games even though I have then j:games/gamename.iso format. Is there a Wii Backup Manager for windows 10 that you need for transferring the iso?

Also does anyone know how to get DS roms to show up, or the Nintendo 64?

My2gb sd card:
FOLDERS-
apps-(folders:d2x-cios-installer, DeSmuMEWii, gb4gb, gnuboy, homebrew_browser, nintendont, snes9xgx, stella, usbloader_gx, vbgx, wii64, wiiflow, wiilauncher, wiivb, wiixl, YAWMM_EN)
bootmii
DS
gnuboy
Hackmii_Installer
hackmii_installer_v1.2
nand
private
snes9xgx
stella
vbagx
wad
wbfs
wii64
wiivb
wiixl

USB drive: seagate 1tb formatted to fat32 using EaseUS partition master.
Copied everything from SD to hard drive

new folders:
games (has all the gamecube game name.iso )
wii64(roms folder - gamename.z64) and saves)
DS (bios folder and ROMS folder, roms has gamename.nds)
gnuboy (roms and saves folder, roms has .gba, .gb formats)

I have spent about 2 weeks trying to get this to work. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PrincessZelda gamecube games should be j:/games/gamename/game.iso
all iso get renamed game.iso and then put in a folder with the gamename.

@iHerdHippo shame on you for downloading the game! but COD i believe requires a cios with base 57. whatever usb loader you are using go to the game settings and change the ios or cios used for starting the game.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with titles.txt as I have a triforce game F-Zero AX that wants to call itself virtuastriker2002. It seems to be universally the same problem because it does it for me in Nintendont, USB Loader GX and USB CFG loader. I edited titles.txt and in Nintendont it solved the problem by changing F-Zero GX (the gamecube game) to F-Zero AX and deleting Virtua Striker 2002, but this does not solve the for either CFG USB Loader or USB Loader GX as the game name remains virtuastriker2002. In CFG Loader there was a gamelist on my sd card and I tried changing virtuastriker2002 to F-Zero AX but nothing changes the name.

Edit: I figured it out I had to put the entire ID in titles.txt and it fixed it.

One more question though I'm waiting on a big enough SD card to put gamecube games on it does Nintendont work with CFG USB Loader? Right now I have like a 500 mb card and when it tries to load the gamecube game on the sd card it won't allow me so I can only play gamecube games through Nintendont. But I'd prefer to be able to play them on CFG USB Loader where I have covers and it's easier to get to. But I want Nintendont to work because of the Triforce games.

Last edited by ,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/quadforce-a-guide-to-playing-triforce-arcade-games-on-a-wii.347411/

Check out the above post and scroll down to the part that says "Verified Working ISOs". Run your ISO through an MD5 checker and see if it matches the one in that post that says it has virtuastriker2002 in the game name. My guess is that it will match. If you scroll up a bit you will see a part where it talks about how you can change the GameID of Virtual Striker. You can follow the same steps for F-Zero AX and change the game name in the header to read F-Zero AX instead of virtuastriker2002. Once you make that change and save, run your ISO through the MD5 checker again. I'll bet that it will now match the one that "Best ISO". Even though what you did got you the results you wanted it sounds like it was more of a work around than a fix. But I'll leave that up to you to decide whether or not you want to make the change or keep things as is. If you need help let me know.

For your second part, I'm pretty site Nintendont should work through CFG Loader but I don't have any experience with it. I personally use USB Loader GX and think that is the best loader. I use it to launch my Wii, GameCube, WiiWare and VC games from it and I haven't had any problems. If you do decide to use USB Loader GX let new know and I can help you set everything up.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1