• Views 511,061
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this custom CFG USB Loader 70.78 that works with Nintendont, but I just need help forwarding to my main channel. I have an older version of CFG USB Loader and I tried overwriting it with the new Boot.dol 4 different places on the sd card where the loader is supposed to look but when I use the forwarder the older cfg usb channel remains.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said I know nothing about CFG Loader. Try posting your question in that thread and see if maybe someone in there can help you.

Is there any reason why you chose CFG Loader over USB Loader GX? If you've never used it you should give it a shot.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my flash drive doesn't like USB Loader GX half the time the games don't load and it always takes like a minute to load USB Loader GX so I just prefer CFG USB Loader plus I don't know how to use Nintendont with USB Loader GX.

But my question doesn't really matter about which loader it's about forwarding how do you forward a newer version to overwrite an older version of a loader?

CFG Loader is working beautifully with Nintendont I just need it to be on my system menu.

Last edited by ,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my flash drive doesn't like USB Loader GX half the time the games don't load and it always takes like a minute to load USB Loader GX so I just prefer CFG USB Loader plus I don't know how to use Nintendont with USB Loader GX.

But my question doesn't really matter about which loader it's about forwarding how do you forward a newer version to overwrite an older version of a loader?

CFG Loader is working beautifully with Nintendont I just need it to be on my system menu.
If you have a forwarder installed it should still work with the newer version of the same app, unless you switched to an app with a different name. Delete the old version and it should work.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a forwarder installed it should still work with the newer version of the same app, unless you switched to an app with a different name. Delete the old version and it should work.

That's what I keep hearing and that's why I'm so baffled although it is a mod of cfg usb loader and possibly that's why but it will not forward. Here is the thread referring to the modded cfg usb loader. It's CFG USB Loader 70/78

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-themes-and-custom-mods.374469/

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All a forwarder does is look for the boot.dol on the SD card. If you updated the loader on your SD card then the forwarder souks load it. What it sounds like to me is that you don't actually have a forwarder channel but a full channel. The entire CFG Loader is installed as a channel. Meaning that when you click on it it loads whatever version you installed. That would explain why clicking the channel on the system menu gives you the old version and loading it through Homebrew Channel gives you the updated version. Again I am just guessing but does that seem to make sense to you and is that what you are seeing?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All a forwarder does is look for the boot.dol on the SD card. If you updated the loader on your SD card then the forwarder souks load it. What it sounds like to me is that you don't actually have a forwarder channel but a full channel. The entire CFG Loader is installed as a channel. Meaning that when you click on it it loads whatever version you installed. That would explain why clicking the channel on the system menu gives you the old version and loading it through Homebrew Channel gives you the updated version. Again I am just guessing but does that seem to make sense to you and is that what you are seeing?

I don't know honestly, when I tried uninstalling the forwarder it removed the channel and as far as I know there's no trace left of the old version on my sd card, but when I reinstall it it reinstalls the old channel.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just solved it I tried the other mod that was listed in the link I gave and overwrote the boot.dol and it worked. I guess there was a problem with that certain mod I had downloaded.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like USB Loader GX and not cfg loader. I was wondering if I could use the latest USB loader GX on my vwii. All I could find was the forwarder on this thread for it. Is there a special USB Loader GX version for the vwii or is the forwarder just different? Thanks!

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like USB Loader GX and not cfg loader. I was wondering if I could use the latest USB loader GX on my vwii. All I could find was the forwarder on this thread for it. Is there a special USB Loader GX version for the vwii or is the forwarder just different? Thanks!

The latest USB Loader GX works for both Wii and vWii. It's just the forwarder that's different between the Wii and vWii so make sure you use the right one.

Reactions: hudhair

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I would use the latest V3.0 and use the vwii forwarder right?
Yes. But some people get confused as to which is the latest version. I'm not sure how often if at all that first post gets updated. V3.0 had a lot of revisions to it. If I remember correctly they are up to r1260. I think the one in the first post installs r1180. Cyan keeps his links in his signature up to date with the latest versions. I am typing this on my phone so I can't see signatures otherwise I would link you directly to the latest one here. But here is a link to one of his posts (https://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=6407001#post-6407001). Check his signature and you will be sure to have the latest version.

In my opinion I have the perfect vWii setup on my Wii U. So if you have any other questions or need help on how to get something to work just let me know.

Edit: Actually you can just use this link here (https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/). It takes you directly to his Sourceforge page and you can always fine the most up to date files there.

Last edited by Clutz450,
Reactions: hudhair

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are usb loaders (preferaby CFG USB Loader) capable of reading games from both SD and USB at the same time? I ordered an SD card that wont be here for a few days actually an SDHC card (will this work?) for gamecube games only and have my Wii games on a usb hard drive. I have CFG Loader with Nintendont support so I just need the games to all be listed.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a such GC Loader that like Devolution/Nintendont (allows the use of alternate controllers) but loads retail discs instead of backups?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How compatible would a 32GB MSD (in an adapter) be?

Sadao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already posted a thread in the vWii board, I believe, but I haven't received a response there.
So, either my HDD is failing, or my cIOS is doing something funky, as whenever I try to run a WBFS file through any backup loader, it can't read my HDD, even though Nintendont can on its own.
Wiiflow just crashes on startup, and USBLoader GX and ConfigUSBLoader can't read my USB.
I'm using both ports on the side I know used to work, and I have a syscheck csv if you need it.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received a cheap 32 gb sdhc card (probably already revealed the answer to my problem, the card) and loaded a bunch of gamecube games it shows only 3 games and not the rest I tried formatting it to 64 kb fat 32 32 gb fat 32 etc.. doesn't solve it. It doesn't matter if I try to load it with Nintendont, usb loader gx or cfg loader it shows the same games.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only plays retail Gamecube discs on Wii not Wii U, and only the Wiis that have gamecube controller slots and gamecube memory card slots.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii-U can't read Gamecube discs so Nintendont can only boot from disc on a Wii that has a compatible drive.

As NoSoul81 said: one with GC ports.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wii-U can't read Gamecube discs so Nintendont can only boot from disc on a Wii that has a compatible drive.

As NoSoul81 said: one with GC ports.

I accidentally quoted you without posting a message because I tried to post from Wii Opera Browser.

I was able to get Nintendont working (the mastermod included with WiiFlow mastermod didn't work), but I was not satisfied that you could not use the wii wheel on 4X4 EVO 2 or Mario Kart DOuble Dash.

Last edited by banjo2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.