Hacking Questions to new Wii Hacks/Mods

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people! It's been over a year now since I hacked my Wii, and i'm seeing alot of new information floating about the forums, such as the possibility of GC USB Backup loading, for example. I havent really checked to much int the newer Wii hacking/modding, and i'm just wondering what i'm missing.

My Wii us running 3.2 U, region removed, and was hacked using Banner Bomb. I have BootMii setup under boot2 (I think. It turns on BEFORE my Wii does), and of course a few USB loaders and other such things.

Over the months i've installed multiple different cIOS in order to hodgepodge together my Wii and be able to play games like New super Mario Bros. At this pint, i'm wndering if there isn't a better way to keep my Wii up to date and working with the newest games and such, because i find myself often spending a couple hours hunting down new versions of loaders/IOS/whatever else in order to keep everything working.

I've seen mentions of SNEEK, new methods of running BootMii, and mentions of an alternative to using cIOS (Mentioned by the HBC update. they no longer support cIOS, or something). I've also read tidbits about a possiblity of backing up the entire Wii NAND to a harddrive, and running it from there. Also, like I mentioned, GC USB loaders.

Can anyone enlighten me, and probably help out quite a few other beginners/returning members, by explaining some of these new things?

Also, a question. I hacked my Wii with bannerbomb, but never removed it. Now i can't open up my SD card on my wii without it crashing. I want install some of my WiiWare onto my SD card, and so i need to remove bannerbomb. what files on my SD card the bannerbomb files, because it's been so long I don't even remember.. And speaking of WiiWare, can WiiWare/Virtual Consol be loaded fro ma Hard drive yet?

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's one question down! Thanks Walker
smile.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes WiiWare and VC can be ran from a HDD using either SNEEK (uneek etc), Triiforce or uLoader.

SNEEK has the highest compatibility.

uLoader allows several sets of saves per game.

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you give me a little more information on SNEEK?

Also, I have like two different versions of uLoader on my Wii, neither f which work. one of them USED to work, then stopped, and since the updated version didn't work either, I just turned to WiiFlow.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Kleiner said:
Could you give me a little more information on SNEEK?

Also, I have like two different versions of uLoader on my Wii, neither f which work. one of them USED to work, then stopped, and since the updated version didn't work either, I just turned to WiiFlow.

Stop being so fooking lazy
rolleyes.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205511

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Slimmmmmm said:
This is the best advise you will get ... ... read, read, read and then read some more...then try things out. If you don't nothing will work, you will miss out on things and you will also waste time waiting on someone telling you what you can go and read about now
tongue.gif
+1

U may also want to check out NUSAD from my signature

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys! That answered most of my questions.

And yes, i'm lazy. but i love you guys for being awesome and helping me anyway!

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked out NUSAND. very nice peice of software, wish this out when i first hacked my Wii. Gonna have to change my HDD to Fat32 instead of WBFS to setup Sneek, which kind of sucks.

Would it be a smart idea to just.. return my Wii to a "non hacked" state, and then let NUSAND hack it from the ground up? I'm not really sure where to start with this thing that won't "overlap" or conflict with what's already been done to my wii.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
once you mod your wii the only thing you need to update from time to time is your cios and you loader(nusad makes it easy download the cios wad and install it with wad manager)....and if a game gives you black screen...ios(dop-mii)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here