questions related to the mode/fenrir for the saturn

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a sega saturn that has a mod chip in it. and im looking to buy either a mode or a fenrir my main concern is i have a mod chip in my system, i dont have the toold nor the skills to desolder and remove the mod chip and i dont have anyone around here who can remove said mod chip for me assuming i buy a mode or even a Fenrir can i just leave the mod chip in there and maybe use electrical tape to keep the mod chip from interfering with whichever ODE i install? i cant buy a second non modded saturn as they cost almost as much as the mode

so i guess the question is if i buy a mode or a fenrir do i have to remove the mod chip or can i just leave it in there and just install the ode?

thanks for your time

Last edited by kaitlin459,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saturn modchips usually sit between the motherboard connector (where the ode will connect to) and the optical drive board using ribbon cables that are easily removed. They also usually need a wire to draw power from somewhere which may be soldered so that is your only hurdle. You could try snipping the wire and taping the end if you feel it's safe enough.

Reactions: kaitlin459

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saturn modchips usually sit between the motherboard connector (where the ode will connect to) and the optical drive board using ribbon cables that are easily removed. They also usually need a wire to draw power from somewhere which may be soldered so that is your only hurdle. You could try snipping the wire and taping the end if you feel it's safe enough.

im gonna romve the old psu and install a replacement alongside the Fenrir

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_