Homebrew Questions regarding Homebrew

Syneaste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, as you might have noticed I'm new to this forum.

I've been reading some threads regarding Homebrew and all the exploits for the different firmware. I'm sorry if these questions has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread that met the specific questions I had myself. I bought the New 3DS XL console 2 days ago along with a copy of Pokemon.

I found quite a few topics and videos regarding Homebrew but a lot of terms are used with which I'm unfamiliar with. I'm mainly looking for a way to create legal Pokemon without the hassle of breeding but my 3DS runs on 10.6. As such I'm looking to get myself a copy of Cubic Ninja so I can access the Homebrew channel but before doing so I'm looking for some answers- sorry for the rambling.

My first question is, is there any way for me to create and inject Pokemon without access to the Homebrew channel? Secondly; is there any difference between the Ocarina of Time exploit and the Cubic Ninja one? Especially considering that the Ocarina of Time would end up costing less. And lastly, and I know this is hard to predict or answer, but would I be better off just waiting for the Menuhax/Browserhax to be functioning on the 10.6?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section and I'm once more sorry if these questions have been posed before.

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer the Pokemon question: Yes, it is possible. There is a homebrew called SVDT and you can use that to backup your Pokemon save and then use PKHex to edit it. For without homebrew, use a powersave. Besides that, there isn't really another way afaik.

For your entry to homebrew: Ocarina of time requires another way of entry for homebrew to work. I have heard you can use a save dongle like powersaves, but I am not sure. I personally would go ahead and get cubic ninja. If browserhax ends up coming back with menuhax, that would be great. Nintendo has screwed us over with browserhax before though, making so that you HAVE to update to use the browser or some games.

By the way, don't update. From what I have read, memchunkhax2 is working on being updated to work with 10.6.

Reactions: Syneaste

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first question is, is there any way for me to create and inject Pokemon without access to the Homebrew channel?
You could use a Powersave/Powerplay.
Secondly; is there any difference between the Ocarina of Time exploit and the Cubic Ninja one? Especially considering that the Ocarina of Time would end up costing less.
Since OOThax isn't a standalone exploit, you would already need access to homebrew to install it. (Although it is doable with a Powersave)
And lastly, and I know this is hard to predict or answer, but would I be better off just waiting for the Menuhax/Browserhax to be functioning on the 10.6?
I don't think you should wait. Its very hard to know when Browserhax will come back, and Ninjhax and OOThax are literally un-patchable without just completely blocking the games from being played, which Nintendo would never do.

Reactions: Syneaste

Syneaste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To answer the Pokemon question: Yes, it is possible. There is a homebrew called SVDT and you can use that to backup your Pokemon save and then use PKHex to edit it. For without homebrew, use a powersave. Besides that, there isn't really another way afaik.

For your entry to homebrew: Ocarina of time requires another way of entry for homebrew to work. I have heard you can use a save dongle like powersaves, but I am not sure. I personally would go ahead and get cubic ninja. If browserhax ends up coming back with menuhax, that would be great. Nintendo has screwed us over with browserhax before though, making so that you HAVE to update to use the browser or some games.

By the way, don't update. From what I have read, memchunkhax2 is working on being updated to work with 10.6.
I see, thank you so much. I'll look into the memchunkhax2 to see what it entails. I've looked into the Powersaves but I'm not too fond of them seeing as they edit the Pokemon rather than generate seemingly legit Pokemon.

You could use a Powersave/Powerplay.

Since OOThax isn't a standalone exploit, you would already need access to homebrew to install it. (Although it is doable with a Powersave)

I don't think you should wait. Its very hard to know when Browserhax will come back, and Ninjhax and OOThax are literally un-patchable without just completely blocking the games from being played, which Nintendo would never do.
I see, the Ninjihax refers to the Cubic Ninja exploit I assume, that definitely sounds like the best choice overall seeing as I wouldn't need any additional items (aside from a microSD reader) and it looks to be unpatchable.

That's all I needed to know ^^, thank you both for your quick and helpful answers :)!

EDIT: sorry I had one more question, it's hard to find a Cubic Ninja (excluding copies that sell for 80~ dollars). Will I be able to use the Cubic Ninja exploit by buying a Sky3D+ cartridge and try to load the ROM? Or a Gateway 3DS cartridge? I found one titled "Gateway 3DS Replacement Blue Card ONLY" selling for roughly 7 GBP.

Last edited by Syneaste,
Reactions: GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thank you so much. I'll look into the memchunkhax2 to see what it entails. I've looked into the Powersaves but I'm not too fond of them seeing as they edit the Pokemon rather than generate seemingly legit Pokemon.

I see, the Ninjihax refers to the Cubic Ninja exploit I assume, that definitely sounds like the best choice overall seeing as I wouldn't need any additional items (aside from a microSD reader) and it looks to be unpatchable.

That's all I needed to know ^^, thank you both for your quick and helpful answers :)!

EDIT: sorry I had one more question, it's hard to find a Cubic Ninja (excluding copies that sell for 80~ dollars). Will I be able to use the Cubic Ninja exploit by buying a Sky3D+ cartridge and try to load the ROM? Or a Gateway 3DS cartridge? I found one titled "Gateway 3DS Replacement Blue Card ONLY" selling for roughly 7 GBP.
Sky3DS still works on 10.6 I believe, so that would be fine. Gateway doesn't though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy