Hacking Questions regarding Google Checkout and Gameyeeeah

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, to be brief, my questions are: How similar is Google Checkout to PayPal? This is the first time I use it and I am wondering if a refund is issued, does Google Checkout refund my card like PayPal, or does the seller do so? That is, does the seller get any of my card info? I know this seems like a stupid question, but I've had a stressful day and I'm a little bit confused.

Secondly, how reliable is Gameyeeeah?

The long story: I placed an order at Gameyeeah earlier today. I used Google Checkout for the first time. For some reason, I thought they were based in the US. After placing the order, I did not receive a confirmation email from them, but I did receive one from Google. So I emailed Gameyeeeah asking about this. I had thought that, like PayPal, the transaction would be instantaneous. As I found out, it was not. They told me that I had not yet paid. That is, they had not yet received my payment. They then almost immediately emailed me again telling me not to forget the shipping fee. This is roughly when I realized they were in Hong Kong and not the US.

And so, I asked them to cancel my order so I would place another order and include the proper shipping fee.

Why was it that the shipping fee was not included when I paid the first time around? This is very strange, as I've been online shopping for a number of years and have never known a site that would not include the shipping charges when you were checking out, even through PayPal. And more importantly, are Gameyeeeah reliable enough that I could place another order now and include the shipping fee and just trust them to cancel my older order and give me a refund? I ask because it's probabaly dawn there now and they won't open for another few hours probably.

Sorry for the long post.

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

My order has shipped now, but I'm not sure if they used DHL. I paid for the order along with airmail shipping through Google Checkout, and then asked for an invoice to upgrade to DHL shipping. I got the invoice and paid for it. I now had two Google Checkout orders, one for the item and one for the shipping.

When I emailed Gameyeeeah and asked for a tracking number, they told me that the first order was shipped via airmail and therefore had no tracking number, and the second was shipped using DHL. WHAT?!

They either shipped my order by airmail and charged me for DHL anyway, or the person that replied to me was confused. I emailed them again and tried to explain everything as clearly as I could, but they're closed for the weekend.

This not knowing and waiting for an answer is going to be awesome.

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funnily enough, that did cross my mind as a possibility. I really hope that's true, if only that it means I'll be getting one sooner rather than later.

Edit: I just got an email with a tracking number. I should be receiving the R4 today. I hope my DS gets here from Amazon today as well.

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the DSL not 30 minutes ago. I turned it on, set the date, time, nickname, etc., and then tried the R4. I'm so glad it's not defective.

The DS itself is a thing of beauty. I've never actually seen it in action, or up close for that matter. In fact, I only decided to get one less than 2 weeks ago. But it's gorgeous!

I played Tetris DS for about 15 minutes to test the R4. I'm now going to go check out some more games.

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And holy crap, what do you know! The spring just broke/became loose. Hah, that was fast. I inserted the microSD slowly and it's now in place.

Is this a permanent fix?

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will most likely do this once it becomes a hassle. As it is now, it clicks in place, so I need not worry about it too much just yet.

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my R4 from gameyeaaah when it first came out, had no problems :-) Just to let you know..

--

Edit, I just read a few posts up.. lol D:

jrdehaisx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has someone a link to repair or REMOVE the spring, I got mine boosted today after 8 months, I have the Card open but dont knw what to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on