Questions about the 10.3 update

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SomeGamer, Nov 14, 2015.

1. SomeGamer
    OP

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    So, I'm now almost decided to update from 10.1 (Badge Arcade), I have CN, OoT, old IronFall, so getting homebrew is no problem.
    My question is that is there a hidden code in this update that could silently update IronFall, patch OoT or CN?

2. NuikopeaDemon

NuikopeaDemon Hello Darkness

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    I am on 10.3 and I use CN hax nothing happening to me

3. SomeGamer
    OP

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Thanks for the reply! I have two 3DSes and I want to keep both of them haxable, so IronFall is my primary target.

4. NuikopeaDemon

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    well i havent used ironfall hax but i heard u have to update the ironhax payload FIRST before updating the system

5. SomeGamer
    OP

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    I always do that, but if I forget it, I can do it from CN or OoT after update.

6. NuikopeaDemon

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    Oh all good then. Your lucky to have multiple options to use homebrew lol not many people do :) Thank Goodeness for Cubic Ninja being cheap for me lol

7. SomeGamer
    OP

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Yeah, pretty nice feeling! :D CN was cheap for me too, ordered straight after smea's vine. About OoT, well, I have it for the game itself.

NuikopeaDemon likes this.
  8. NuikopeaDemon

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    your pretty much have a gold mine with OOT and CN at your fingertips lol

9. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Frankly with the latest updates about the new downgrade talk (fake or not we shall know), I think it's safer to stick with 10.1/2 and just see how this pans out.

10. SomeGamer
    OP

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    No its not.

11. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    It's not what? Fake? I'm confused lol

12. hollablack

hollablack Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I am sorry for intruding, but I've searched and searched for an answer and can't find any. I am currently on 10.2 with Ironhax and I want to update to 10.3. What do I have to do exactly to be able to update to 10.3 and still use ironhax?

13. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France

14. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I feel like I read that at this point there isn't really anything Nintendo can do about Gamehax, Requires updating titles at this point like with Ironfall but if you have the old version you are good, Cubic Ninja got taken off the eShop and I doubt the Devs are going back to update that one and even then can't make you grab an update?

Surprised OoT hasn't had an update yet though? don't own it so no clue but maybe it seems less likely someone would use it due to it needing save editing?

Either way sounds like we should be good for the foreseeable future with Cubic Ninja and Ironfall at the very least, guessing its not easy for Nintendo to block on an OS level or they would have by now.

I'm on the brink of updating myself, I mean I like to get on the eShop just in case some sale on a game happens and I prefer digital anyway if the price is similar to a cart (not often in NZ :() at this point waiting on the 5th for Yo-kai Watch (or some great sale) which will force me to update till then I will see if this mysterious new exploit happens, seems unlikely though.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, Nov 14, 2015
  15. WiseHorror

WiseHorror Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Well, most people own a physical OoT3D cart, so even if they released an update, you would simply not update/disconnect from internet when loading the hax.

16. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    what is the ironhax payload ? and how to update it ?

17. NuikopeaDemon

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    I have no idea

Go look on smealum's site because it probably would help you