questions about SD cards and the loaders.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by iban88, Aug 27, 2009.

Aug 27, 2009
  1. iban88
    OP

Member iban88 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can i use a SDHC card and put games on it?? if so how do i do it? i see how to do it for USB though.
    and can i use a micro SD to put the needed files for preloader unto a micro sd? cause all i have is SDHC

im having an issue. why when i DL a game and i try to extract it it says the archive is either in unknown format or damaged?? this is happening to all the games for the wii that im DL. whats wrong? how can i fix this issue? they are .rar files and im using winrar to extract to.

2. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    are you sure that its a actual .rar or that winrar is recognizing the .iso as a archive.

you need to use a WBFS Manager and format your SDHC to WBFS and then use it to install the game. u dont just extract and copy over the files dude.

3. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Yes you can use an SDHC card, but not all loaders support it (e.g., GX doesn't). I suggest Configurable (although that's not surprising seeing my sig). You still need to partition your card and format one of the partitions to WBFS, but the process for that is the same as for hard drives (check tutorial in my sig).

Sorry, I can't help on your other question. I buy all my games.

4. iban88
    OP

United States
    thanks.

5. iban88
    OP

United States

this seems to be the case now that i look at it more closer. the file is 4.37 GB is it suppose to stay like that or something? i thought you would extract that to get the .ISO file out of it like ive been doing with all other games i DL.