Questions about latest Arcade Emulation Scene

papaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, it's been a year since I've updated my emulator for Arcade, just like to know has new systems been emulated since most of the arcade games has already moved forward to newer machines, for example the newer SNK games have moved to Taito machines.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The last major system to get added was CPS-3 (which takes us to late 90s), beyond that you run into the same problem you have with later console emulation, the computers we have aren't powerful enough to emulate the systems successfully. Or maybe the encryption hasn't been broken yet.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You can play Sega Rally, House OF The Dead, Virtua Cop, Sonic The Fighters and few others MAME doesn't do yet using Model2emu. It's not perfect but it's pretty damn good. It's fast as well.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
theclaw said:
MAME focuses heavily on accuracy. They won't add a game if the only current way to get decent performance and consistent results is cheap hacks.

Yeah I know, I was just pointing out that the option was there.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
deMul (which is a dreamcast emulator) is starting to work on atomiswave support. So far only Fist of the North Star works beause apparently it's the only game dumped. now sure what kind of a system you need to have to run it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1