Hardware Questions about formatting and deleting NNID

Lycan911

wolf boi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I finally bought my first 3DS today, and I have some questions.

1) If I format the console, will my save files get deleted (Pokemon Rumble World to be precise)?
2) Is it possible to remove the previous owner's NNID and to make my own NNID for that console?

proxibomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on the purchase, and hope you enjoy your new handheld! Anyways, first off, formatting the system will delete everything. There will be no traces left of the original memory. As for the second question, yes it is possible. Formatting your system and going into the eShop will ask you for a new ID and identification process, setting email, and so forth.

Edit: This is just simply formatting the 3DS, I won't go into detail with hacks as I don't have good knowledge for that stuff.

Reactions: Lycan911

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, I finally bought my first 3DS today, and I have some questions.

1) If I format the console, will my save files get deleted (Pokemon Rumble World to be precise)?
2) Is it possible to remove the previous owner's NNID and to make my own NNID for that console?

Nevermind the save file, if you format the console you'll lose the game itself.
If it's on 9.2 or below I would hack it then you can dump the game/save and restore it after the format, and a whole lot of other nice things.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

wolf boi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nevermind the save file, if you format the console you'll lose the game itself.
If it's on 9.2 or below I would hack it then you can dump the game/save and restore it after the format, and a whole lot of other nice things.
It's on the newest firmware. What about the save backup option in the settings? Can I make a backup, move it to my PC, and then restore it after formatting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?