Questions about formatting and deleting NNID

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lycanroc, May 24, 2015.

1. Lycanroc
    OP

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    Well, I finally bought my first 3DS today, and I have some questions.

1) If I format the console, will my save files get deleted (Pokemon Rumble World to be precise)?
    2) Is it possible to remove the previous owner's NNID and to make my own NNID for that console?

2. proxibomb

proxibomb Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2015
    United States
    Congrats on the purchase, and hope you enjoy your new handheld! Anyways, first off, formatting the system will delete everything. There will be no traces left of the original memory. As for the second question, yes it is possible. Formatting your system and going into the eShop will ask you for a new ID and identification process, setting email, and so forth.

Edit: This is just simply formatting the 3DS, I won't go into detail with hacks as I don't have good knowledge for that stuff.

Lycanroc likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Nevermind the save file, if you format the console you'll lose the game itself.
    If it's on 9.2 or below I would hack it then you can dump the game/save and restore it after the format, and a whole lot of other nice things.

Lycanroc likes this.
  4. Lycanroc
    OP

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    It's on the newest firmware. What about the save backup option in the settings? Can I make a backup, move it to my PC, and then restore it after formatting?

5. Lycanroc
    OP

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    bump