Question Questions about Atmosphere, auto rcm and reboot to payload

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by piwix, Mar 21, 2019.

1. piwix
    OP

piwix Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Uruguay
    Hi, I have two questions about Atmosphere reboot to payload (n00b alert)

• I read before about auto RCM and the 'not real' shutdown, the switch still on rcm and the battery drains. First question: there is a payload that only shut down (for real) the switch with auto rcm?
    • Second question: About reboot to payload, can I have two differents payloads at the same time in this homebrew? One for reboot, the other for shutdowns purpose?

Thanks for your attention. I’m looking forward to your replies

2. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Atmosphere 0.8.4 release notes state:
    • Performing a shutdown from the reboot menu now works properly with AutoRCM, and does a real shutdown.

3. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Just one payload

4. piwix
    OP

piwix Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Uruguay
    I have my switch with AMS 0.8.4, if I use the reboot to payload app it reboot the switch and enter to AMS. How I need to do for the shutdown?

Which payload is it?

Extra info: I got AMS from SDFiles page, and I have autoboot setted in tue conf of hekate.

Last edited by piwix, Mar 22, 2019
  5. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hold power button, select shutdown. That is it, you don't have to do anything special as the issue has been fixed.

Last edited by smf, Mar 22, 2019
  6. Pythonimus

Pythonimus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Bahamas, The
    When I leave my Switch like that, it consumes 15% battery per week which looks for me like it is in RCM...

It is also not possible to test if my Switch is in RCM or not as plugging it on my PC will power the switch wich will make it start in RCM.

Did I do something wrong here or is this normal? I dont remember a properly shutdown switch to consume so much energy...

7. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    On RCM, the battery of your switch wouldn’t last a week.

If you want to test, shutdown while the switch is connected to your pc.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted