Homebrew Questions about 3DS homebrew game development

TheTechnoGamer01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I'm a C# dev who's looking into 3ds homebrew development. I know all the basics of C/C++ and have written a couple of homebrew apps, and i've just got a couple of questions about developing homebrew games:
  1. What are regular 3DS games made out of, are they coded from scratch in C, made with a game engine, etc.?
  2. I've found some awesome tools including LovePotion which lets you make 2D games from Lua using the LÖVE API and i'm thinking of using that instead of using C and citro3D. I've found some great games such as Space Fruit built from LovePotion. If you were making a game for a 3DS, what would you use to make it? (I would link them but i can't use hyperlinks :( )
  3. Is there anything important to know before i start?
  4. Do you know any good game examples built using citro3d/citro2d and libctru?
Thank you in advance!

TheTechnoGamer01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to go the "homebrew" route (able to share your work freely)

If you would rather go official 3ds development (can't legally distribute your product without Nintendo but you get official dev tools)

Oh, thats cool, thanks! But I think i want to go down the open source homebrew route. I’ve already looked through the homebrew development wiki.

Last edited by TheTechnoGamer01,
Reactions: thisjustin2001

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.