Hacking [Question] What are the major screw-ups that happen while trying to install A9LH?

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm planning to install A9LH today, or at least just get the OTP for future use. Before I take the plunge, though, I want to know what all of the major screw-ups that can happen when getting the OTP are, and how I can avoid them. My Current Setup is;
New Nintendo 3DS XL FW: 9.2.0-20U w/ ReiNand EmuNAND 10.7.0-32U (booted with menuhax)

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As long as you do all that exactly described in the tutorial, nothing will happen. 99.9999% promise

D

Deleted User

the fact that you lose the failure rates and horrible boot rates while using menuhax kappa

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I am currently installing it for my N3DS, and I installed it on my 3DS XL yesterday. I got the Hasf Mismatch error (and that scared the f**k out of me), but I did like the troubleshouting guide said and everything went fine.
So just follow the guide, and you will be fine.

Cat Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at this point all the programs have been improved to the point where everything is double checked when restoring nand backups and such.
Just make sure to follow the guide to the letter, and don't get a heart attack because most of the time you can redo some steps in case you do screw up. I've done A9LH on a 2DS, 2 o3ds and 2New3DS's and I gotta say seeing it get safer and safer every time I set up a new console is amazing. There's not much else to say since at this point everything is essentially automated

Sabaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the guide today, general things that I screwed up on along the way:

It took me a while to find the documentation on how to "upgrade to 9.2" my console was on 7.x Apparently I just stink at reading.

At one point in one of the later stages I was trying to actually run SafeA9LHInstaller, It wasnt working the first few times I tried, so at one point I put the arm9loaderhax.bin from safeA9LH installer in the root directory. This was not in the guide, I was just trying (apparenlty dumb) stuff. After succeeding, it would only boot back into SafeA9LHInstaller, haha.

I missed a step in setting up my payload directory, forgot to copy some files. So I got errors in a later step.

At one point, I realized I restored the wrong sysnand backup. Got the correct one and just re-did the step (whew)

So, ill say this. all the trouble I got into was from not following the guide exactly. I succeeded in the end, but It certainly would have been faster had I just triple checked the steps as I did them (as opposed to double!)

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People who screw up A9LH are the people who try to take shortcuts by not following ALL the steps and people who are not reading properly and triple checking. People brick because people don't check if they have the right files; such as trying to install o3ds updates on n3ds and people using other consoles otp.bin instead of dumping their own ect ect

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there are still random chances of brick. i have 5 units, 4 among them successfully installed a9lh, and one screwed up after getting OTP and restoring sysnand. whilst the whole process is amazingly safe for now, shit can still happen. just understand the risk you're taking and roll with it.

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I did my 3DS XL (old model) yesterday. Only thing I screwed up was restoring the wrong sysnand (without the injected FBI program), and that was my fault - trying to speed through it to get some sleep. I had the other sysnand and I ended up restoring the right thing again.

Oh, and forgetting files - because installing tiny format was annoying.

I'm going to do my 2DS today - I have my rednand set up, and now just need to go through the process of formatting it, and then downgrading and then running OTP helper and actually getting it.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there are still random chances of brick. i have 5 units, 4 among them successfully installed a9lh, and one screwed up after getting OTP and restoring sysnand. whilst the whole process is amazingly safe for now, shit can still happen. just understand the risk you're taking and roll with it.

This is similar to what happened to my n3ds, except mine bricked when downgrading even though the process was perfect up to that point. I had already performed the install on my o3ds and 2ds, so i was experienced with the install. Although, I'm nearly certain i followed the guide perfectly, it still may have been my fault. I was able to install a hardmod myself on my n3ds and restore it, and then complete the a9lh install. good times.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Not following the guide EXACTLY to the letter.

I made a mistake in that I assumed the program to install a9lh would either have a warning prompt or ask which nand file to install....it didn't.

Fortunately (with help from people here) I was able to restore the correct nand because I still had access to decrypt9.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The major screw-up you can do is not having your full attention on the guide while doing it. Sure, you can watch a video or two while waiting for a long process to finish, like dumping your NAND; but when doing something manually ALWAYS be sure that what you're doing is the guide's instruction and double-check. You should do it when you have the time to do it, not in the middle of the night because that's where you'll probably mess up with something you didn't check properly.
I was following the guide as best as I could, and I was kind of celebrating because I was in the last steps. It was a really good thing I kept double-checking 'til the end because when I was trying to restore my NAND file for the final steps, I almost restored the wrong one (instead of sysNAND, I almost installed the emuNAND file). I honestly don't know if that would have done some major damage or not; but it's critical that you should devote your complete attention for the entire procedure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1