Homebrew Question regarding System Format

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

I have a quick question. I just downgraded to 9.2 successfully from a 10.3 N3DS. I was having a lot of issues, and I heard that performing a system format would clear up many issues. I was using a fresh SD card, and had everything on my other SD card removed and safely set aside.

As you can guess, after the system format, and a successful downgrade, I reinstalled a few eshop games, and tried copying over my save files, but yea, I didn't realize that that invalidated my save files. I knew it said save files would be wiped, but I thought that meant logs, system software, anything still on the SD card, etc. not that it literally made anything before the format anywhere made by that system unusable.

So now for my question. Is there ANY way that I can take that save data or eshop content that I have on my SD card and make it usable again? I am very depressed because I have just about 500 hours of MH4U sitting right in front of me that may very well be completely lost. So I am asking for assistance.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated on this matter. If I can recover my data, I would be eternally grateful, if not, then if was my fault for not realizing this, and I deserve it.

Lycanroc

Woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to say it, but yes, your save files are lost forever. :/

Next time backup your saves using some homebrew save managers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    honestly knowing ken that isn't that unbelievable
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    arent many ps5 exclusives it's true, but there are a whole lot of ps4 games that got ps5 upgrades
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and those have to be stored on one of the SSDs
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    "time to smash the stack"
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Uremum does like to call me dadbot
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nothing beats a midnight shower
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I'd say there would be more PS5 exclusives...if people could actually buy PS5s.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I mean, if no-one can buy a PS5, and thus is stuck with PS4 (Pros), then companies would still see some profit from developing PS4 games with PS5 upgrades; meanwhile, if they developed a PS5 game, then everyone who can't get that console won't buy that game, especially at launch.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nah every console starts early with low libraries
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    well theyre churning them out as fast as they possibly can, not like Xbox or PC are faring much better with the chip shortages
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and games still take 4-6 years to develop regardless, so its not like sony can conjure up new exclusives out of thin air
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Makes me wonder what they have now and are actually hiding from the public
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just make characters look like Shiney clay molds
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm waiting for the ultimate DLC, "The Most Dangerous Game".
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Let me hunt people or GTFO :angry:
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's just a $1 just shoot some dogs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype
    Gift
  • WG481 @ WG481:
    I swear you two are the only people who consistently use the chat feature