Homebrew Question regarding System Format

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

I have a quick question. I just downgraded to 9.2 successfully from a 10.3 N3DS. I was having a lot of issues, and I heard that performing a system format would clear up many issues. I was using a fresh SD card, and had everything on my other SD card removed and safely set aside.

As you can guess, after the system format, and a successful downgrade, I reinstalled a few eshop games, and tried copying over my save files, but yea, I didn't realize that that invalidated my save files. I knew it said save files would be wiped, but I thought that meant logs, system software, anything still on the SD card, etc. not that it literally made anything before the format anywhere made by that system unusable.

So now for my question. Is there ANY way that I can take that save data or eshop content that I have on my SD card and make it usable again? I am very depressed because I have just about 500 hours of MH4U sitting right in front of me that may very well be completely lost. So I am asking for assistance.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated on this matter. If I can recover my data, I would be eternally grateful, if not, then if was my fault for not realizing this, and I deserve it.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to say it, but yes, your save files are lost forever. :/

Next time backup your saves using some homebrew save managers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr