Homebrew [Question] RB2 DLC + External HDD

ddrsensation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A person named Blue has stated that he would attempt to use an external HDD to store RB2 DLC, from this thread
Blue said:
I'm buying a 320gb external USB HD to solve this issue (requires more modding to use). It takes me 2min per song to d/l.
From what I've read so far, one way to get this working is to load Rock Band 2 (a legit disc) through a NAND Emulator, so the 512 MB limit is eliminated. I haven't tried anything yet, as I wanted to know if it was possible before trying anything. My external HDD is a Seagate FreeAgent 500GB HDD, and I have a 32GB partition made in FAT32. (I'm not even sure if NAND Emulators work off of an HDD).

So far, I don't believe it will work, as HBC does not recognize my FAT32 partition with the "apps" folder on it. My other partition is NTFS, and does not have an "apps" folder on it.

Secondly, I backed up my NAND with BootMii. Some of the squares were black, which means they were bad blocks. What does this mean exactly, and how does it affect my Wii console? Will I still be able to use the NAND Emulator? What about Dolphin: Wii Emulator?

In-depth answers would be appreciated. Before I take any steps, I want to know what each step does and why I'm doing it. Thank you.

ddrsensation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
Or await the next version of RawkSD, which hopefully will add USB support, eliminating the SD storage capacity issues.
Thanks. Is this next release confirmed to be released soon? I heard that this release (3.0?) may never come out.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The NAND emulation method in question involves Nicksasa's NAND-emulating NeoGamma mod. It is not officially supported (none of the authors will help) and there are no guides to pull it off. That being said, it is also not a very good solution to the DLC storage problem. Only a handful of people have gotten it to work, it tends to run very slowly, and is very prone to crashing, assuming you get it working at all.

Thankfully, RawkSD 3.0 is on the way. It will support storing DLC on USB and SDHC FAT drives, and be much easier to use and more stable than the NAND emulation method.

There is no formal release date, and the programmers are keeping the progress under wraps. It has taken awhile because it is being worked on by a small group of people who have lives, and have other projects to work on. They also state that they don't want to release until it has been rigorously tested and all the bugs are ironed out. It would also seem they have a bad habit of coming up with new features they want to include, thus lengthening the to-do list.

ddrsensation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
The NAND emulation method in question involves Nicksasa's NAND-emulating NeoGamma mod. It is not officially supported (none of the authors will help) and there are no guides to pull it off. That being said, it is also not a very good solution to the DLC storage problem. Only a handful of people have gotten it to work, it tends to run very slowly, and is very prone to crashing, assuming you get it working at all.

Thankfully, RawkSD 3.0 is on the way. It will support storing DLC on USB and SDHC FAT drives, and be much easier to use and more stable than the NAND emulation method.

There is no formal release date, and the programmers are keeping the progress under wraps. It has taken awhile because it is being worked on by a small group of people who have lives, and have other projects to work on. They also state that they don't want to release until it has been rigorously tested and all the bugs are ironed out. It would also seem they have a bad habit of coming up with new features they want to include, thus lengthening the to-do list.

This is the answer I'm looking for. Thanks. Thread may be locked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really...