Hacking [Question] Lost A9LH, how backup saves?

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So how do I restore a raw save data to my cartridge? I can't run the sploit installer, but can run any .cia app

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@epickid37 maybe I am using it incorrectly? I tried renaming the raw save file to the filenames JKSV uses.
But there is also a browser SD for data option. How does one use that option? As it doesn't work with a sav00.bin

Last edited by pikpol,

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so today I tried to install the oot3dhax save with my new 3ds. I planned to do this by first installing it in a gateway loaded rom and then copying the save file with the savedatafiler to the retail card. Because I can not load classic gateway mode on my new 3ds, I saw this as my only option left. I still don't know how to import a raw save file into a cartridge with JKSV.

As a side question, My old 3ds XL shows a black screen when I try to play DSiware games or when I try to play DS games with TWLoader. It has worked before, but when I updated something(don't know what it was anymore) it suddenly didn't. I already installed a clean TWL cia, but that didn't work either :/

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do I restore a raw save data to my cartridge? I can't run the sploit installer, but can run any .cia app
where/how did you get/create the "raw save" ?

As a side question, My old 3ds XL shows a black screen when I try to play DSiware games or when I try to play DS games with TWLoader. It has worked before, but when I updated something(don't know what it was anymore) it suddenly didn't. I already installed a clean TWL cia, but that didn't work either :/
there are multiple cia files directly related to nds mode Troubleshooting - 3DS Guide

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you are best off just running oot3dhax from the homebrew menu, and it will configure a save to your required firmware etc
Yes I know, but I can't get it to work on my o3ds xl with rosalina and bootstrap. Or on my new 3ds with gateway (classic mode doesn't boot)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there are multiple cia files directly related to nds mode Troubleshooting - 3DS Guide

WOAH THANKS!! It worked!:D

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's for 11.0, so I think it won't work :/
But maybe someone made the same for 11.4. Gonna try those files first and then search for 11.4 files if these won't work.
i was not refering so much to the files but to the process (using fbi to inject saves instead of gateway/jksm/svdt/powersaves)

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's for 11.0, so I think it won't work :/
But maybe someone made the same for 11.4. Gonna try those files first and then search for 11.4 files if these won't work.
if you are wanting a 11.4 payload to install a cfw/downgrade etc etc after you have removed b9s/a9lh you'll be shit out of luck, as the only way for you to do it after you remove your cfw, is with a b9s flashcard,
unless you downgrade your firmware first

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you are wanting a 11.4 payload to install a cfw/downgrade etc etc after you have removed b9s/a9lh you'll be shit out of luck, as the only way for you to do it after you remove your cfw, is with a b9s flashcard,
unless you downgrade your firmware first
I know, but now I just want to backup my saves of the games. And then I can safely upgrade my 3ds to get my stuff back. After that, when one of my flashcards are supported or when I found someone with a compatible when, I can install bootstrap.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe his current goal is just to install oothax on his cart so he can use it to backup saves on a virginized 3ds before he attempts to rehack it . . . if i am correct

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
i believe his current goal is just to install oothax on his cart so he can use it to backup saves on a virginized 3ds before he attempts to rehack it . . . if i am correct
let me get this right,

on the system you want to backup the save games on,
it is currently on Firmware 11.4
and is not currently running a cfw (a9lh/gw/b9s)

correct?

edit: wrong quote, oh well, it's 7am

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yess, I want my saves to be safe :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

let me get this right,

on the system you want to backup the save games on,
it is currently on Firmware 11.4
and is not currently running a cfw (a9lh/gw/b9s)

correct?
correct

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍