Hacking [QUESTION]It's possible to create a USA Emunand on a Japanese / European 3DS?

D

Deleted-236924

On the same note, is it possible to have a japanese emunand on an US sysnand 3DS?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
yes, any combination is possible
Although it is technically feasible, I still can't see the advantage of emunand region changing over using NTR's language emulation plugin. The only difference I can think of is that changing emunand's region provides the ability of accessing another region's eshop, assuming we have a spare 3ds from which we can grab the secure_info.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in Euro region, but I have my hands on a US o3dsXL on firmware 9.0-20U

My question is, what is the best way to use this console so it can play EU cartridges and obviously have cfw for cia titles.

Should I just follow the guide/video in the OP and have a emunand from euro region or should is it possible to change the system nand to euro region? or is it best just to use ntr plugin. I was hoping for a solution that would make the console vanilla as possible - basically so that it appears to end user just like a regular european console.

Last edited by 75mak,

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm in Euro region, but I have my hands on a US o3dsXL on firmware 9.0-20U

My question is, what is the best way to use this console so it can play EU cartridges and obviously have cfw for cia titles.

Should I just follow the guide/video in the OP and have a emunand from euro region or should is it possible to change the system nand to euro region? or is it best just to use ntr plugin. I was hoping for a solution that would make the console vanilla as possible - basically so that it appears to end user just like a regular european console.
It is not possible to change the sysnand region. You can only change the emunand's.

If you have an o3ds from 9.0-9.2, your most easy choice is to install rxtools. The tutorial can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

After installing rxtools, you can use Free Multi patcher to grant you with EUR cart access. It can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/

For game updates, you can directly install cia updates, which can be found on that ISO site. If I remembered correctly, even if you region changed to EUR, you still can't easily access the eshop. A secure_info file from an exploitable EUR 3ds is required if you want eshop access on your region changed emunand.

Reactions: 75mak
D

Deleted-236924

How would I go about making my emunand japanese? Would it be the same steps as described in the first post?
Looks like I can still get the 4.3.0-10J files with 3DNUS, but my emunand is gonna be on 9.2.0-20U by default when I format it. Would that cause problems? Installing .cias to "update" (downgrade) 9.2.0-20U to 4.3.0-10J and then updating it to 10.3.0-28J and removing the files in the first post?

Or do I even absolutely need to get 4.3.0? Can I simply get the 10.3.0-18J files, delete the ones mentioned in first post, install them with BBM and delete the other ones at the end?

I don't think I can even get 4.3.0-10J anymore, it can download several of the files but it's stuck on trying to get 0004013800000002 v7712... Or does it just take a while to get that one?

Last edited by ,

adel616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new to the scene and I found some really cheap New 3ds japanese consoles on amazon (normal ones not LL). Is it possible to fully replace the Japanese OS with an English one? I know region lock was bypassed long time ago, but I want to transform this Japanese New 3ds console into an English one. Is it possible?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How would I go about making my emunand japanese? Would it be the same steps as described in the first post?
Looks like I can still get the 4.3.0-10J files with 3DNUS, but my emunand is gonna be on 9.2.0-20U by default when I format it. Would that cause problems? Installing .cias to "update" (downgrade) 9.2.0-20U to 4.3.0-10J and then updating it to 10.3.0-28J and removing the files in the first post?

Or do I even absolutely need to get 4.3.0? Can I simply get the 10.3.0-18J files, delete the ones mentioned in first post, install them with BBM and delete the other ones at the end?

I don't think I can even get 4.3.0-10J anymore, it can download several of the files but it's stuck on trying to get 0004013800000002 v7712... Or does it just take a while to get that one?
you'll need the jp cias of your emunand version, a version higher just to be safe. depending on what hacks you use though native firm can be blocked from updating. check if this if a problem for your hacks and or if your nativefirm would even need to be updated from the current version.
you could do the downgrade, i tried it in my poc thread but it's messy, not a good idea. although with FBI being able to delete system stuff it would be better than before and less mess, but i still don't recommend it

Last edited by cearp,

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to change the language on a CFW 9.5J N3DS to English/EU?

If so, what is the easiest route? Would it require a full region change or are there other options?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...